COE Team Lead - US&C Outreach Innovation
About the Role
Team Leaders are skilled people managers with a dedication to driving continuous process improvement and a passion to develop others. They directly manage and motivate a team of Community Operations Specialists who are responsible for providing the highest quality care in the hardest working, most efficient way possible.
What You Will Do
- Lead performance and get results: You will analyze, strategize, implement action items and empower your team to meet and exceed targets on quality, efficiency/productivity, customer, and costs, if applicable. You will also collaborate with other internal or external support teams critical to delivering results.
- Lead, coach, mentor, and empower people: You will coach your team members, develop your own people, guide them and work with them to achieve their full potential. You will lead by example, resolving the toughest of issues from customers and ensuring that your team constantly performs at a high level.
- Build and maintain partner relationships: You will interact and collaborate with teams from the different regions and cities we support, constantly improving our level of service to customers through exceeding agreed service levels.
- Drive accountability on policies, house rules, and other guidelines: You will reinforce compliance to company policies such as house rules, attendance policy, and PIP guidelines. You will ensure that you and your team do the right thing each time even if it means doing the difficult things.
- Lead improvements on support logic and processes: You will review, lead and proactively suggest enhancements to current policies and processes to ultimately win our employees, customers and collaborators over.
- At least 2 years of experience in a people manager role
- Willingness to work on holidays and shift schedules
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Expertise in Google Suite applications
- Experience in Operational critical metrics and SLA management
- Background in data-driven root cause analysis and action planning
- Background in Quality Evaluation / Audits
About the Team
Proactive outreach provides a one-on-one personalized concierge experience where drivers and couriers are matched with an agent at various points in the user lifecycle (e.g. onboarding, early lifecycle, pre-churn)
The first program, “Project Jeanine”, was launched in early 2017 to increase first trip conversion. Agents helped new drivers finish the onboarding steps, motivating and preparing them to confidently take their first trip
The team interacts with drivers/couriers primarily via SMS using an internal tool called uConnect
Proactive outreach programs run as experiments and drivers in the control groups are not contacted; drivers receiving proactive outreach support can be identified by a note added to the driver account.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We’ve grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company’s discretion.
\* Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada