Our consumer team develops PR strategies to ensure Uber news, product launches, partnership announcements, and proactive campaigns connect to a wide swath of audiences. We look at advanced tech and business narratives through a lifestyle lens, cultivate connections with reporters across verticals and types of publications, and connect with influencers to amplify our message.
About the Role
The team works to make sure that these stories reach the media and people across Portugal. We're looking for a dedicated communications professional to help run our communications for the country. The role will be based in Lisbon and report into our Head of Communications for Southern Europe.
What You'll Do
- Work to tell our story in creative, inspiring ways that resonate with journalists and the general public;
- Design and lead proactive corporate and product PR campaigns to help advance our business objectives for Uber and Uber Eats in Portugal;
- Work with beat reporters every day, balancing a combination of proactive and reactive communications efforts that protect and improve our reputation;
- Lead resources for maximum impact, including working with agencies to amplify our communications strategy;
- Be a trusted partner to Portugal executives.
- A proficient Portuguese and English speaker;
- 5+ years of experience in communications, PR and/or journalism;
- Degree-level education.
- A superb writer: We're looking for people who can distill sophisticated ideas into simple but credible arguments;
- A self starter: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs, and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. You'll be used to working calmly in a constantly evolving environment;
- A creative thinker: You are able to analyse trends and identify creative ways to make Uber relevant. You can build campaigns from scratch and are able to work cross-functionally with various teams to build and amplify ideas;
- A fact finder: You'll love getting into the details and understanding an issue from all sides;
- A campaigner: We succeed by putting together effective campaigns that make a broader case for the riders and drivers who use our app. You'll work together with our marketing and public policy teams to find ways to openly engage and advise the general public;
- A standout colleague: Success at Uber depends on the ability to work cross-functionally and coordinate around shared goals. We're looking for someone who has experience working on sophisticated projects to get stuff done;
- A PR strategist: You'll need a consistent record in communications, PR and/or journalism, as well as experience working with senior executives.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
*Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See our Candidate Privacy Statement>
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada