Safety Investigations Specialist II
#GreatMindsDon’tThinkAlike At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but a unique individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open culture that encourages all to voice their thoughts. (Diversity Statement)
About The Team
As Uber continues to grow, the Safety function needs to scale with it. From an initial focus on Mobility, to the ever expanding focus on Delivery and other growth bets, we support the continued safe and sustainable growth of Uber's operations. #StandforSafety is our core value and delivering on this is crucial for the long term success of Uber.
About The Role
The role requires someone who can own and take ownership of a complete incident and not just a contact. The team does not deal with issues such as cancellation and route, but more in terms of a rider being harassed or a partner being assaulted.
Your Impact in Role
- Provide world class customer support through emails and phone calls for companies and their employees
- Work on critical safety incidents reported by riders and driver partners.
- Document all incidents on JIRA (The safety incident reporting feature)
- Collaborate with partners and work towards any solution ideal for the incident.
The Experience You’ll Bring
- Ability to stay calm under high pressure situations
- Ability to document all incidents in detail
- Open to all modes of support (email, phone support)
- Strong eye for detail which includes identifying customer problems swiftly and accurately while solving queries as this can impact company relations
- Shift work either 7AM - 4PM, 10AM - 7PM or 1PM-10PM (based on business needs)
- Total 40 hours a week, 5 days, 8 working hours every day
- Willingness to work during public holidays rotating day/night shifts, rotating weekend offs
- 50/50 monthly hybrid work from the office and home
What’s in it for you?
Uber's culture and values are at the core of everything we do, so that our employees can better understand who we are and what it’s like to work at Uber today. We pride ourselves on the amazing team we’ve built. The driver behind all of our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology we bring to life is the people that make Uber, #OneUber.
Doing your best work means being your best self. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that are uniquely Uber to support your health and wellbeing. These benefits have been designed with # OneUber in mind, supporting the whole you and the way that you work best.
- We provide our employees with monthly Uber credits to use against the full value of Eats & Rides (whichever applicable in your market) plus a 17% discount (excluding non-restaurant food deliveries) on orders through our App (which exists even when your credits expire).
- Family comes first, and our paid parental leave (minimum 18 weeks full pay with additional benefits or paid leave depending on your location) is accessible for all new parents from day 1 (with no tenure requirement). New parents at Uber will also receive access to Cleo, flexible return to work options, and additional Uber credits during their period of leave (because let's face it, who wants to cook with a little one around?)
- Personal health and wellbeing - depending on location, you can access a healthcare plan or reimbursement for a plan of your choice up to a nominated value. You will also receive a monthly wellbeing allowance to use throughout the year across a range of items including; gym / fitness memberships, mindfulness apps, fitness equipment, ski passes and more. We also provide Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) that connect you to resources & support.
- Uber has always been a flexible organisation and COVID has only amplified this. We have a hybrid approach with a mix of in-office and remote working.
- When you are in the office, we have an amazing range of facilities accessible for all Uber employees. Our dedicated facilities teams host regular events and opportunities to connect, as well as arranging the food program; catered lunch / breakfast (location dependant) and you’ll find our kitchens fully stocked with a variety of healthy (& not so healthy) snacks & drinks.
The benefits mentioned here, to the extent they are in addition to those minimum statutory requirements, are provided at Uber’s sole discretion and are subject to change in the future. Terms and conditions may apply to each benefit.
Unsure if this role is the right fit for you?
We encourage you to review the details of the job role and imagine how you can impact not only our organization but the world using your unique talents. We reimagine the way the world moves for the better. Even if you do not fit all of the criteria for the role, we welcome you to apply to explore opportunities within Uber.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We’ve grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company’s discretion.
\* Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada