Product Marketing Manager, Sustainability
At Uber we’re committed to building a sustainable platform that contributes positively to the environment and the communities in which we operate. As a product marketing manager focused on sustainability, you’ll help be the voice that champions sustainability in everything we do as a company and play a leadership role in building and bringing sustainability products to market across the globe that contribute to our commitment to be a zero-emissions platform by 2040.
About the Role
Working hand-in-hand cross-functionally across Policy, Communications, Product, Operations, and Marketing you will build, develop, and scale comprehensive marketing strategies that scale globally. You will also be empowered to build and champion pivotal initiatives that are core to specific local opportunities and needs, all related to our commitment to building a sustainable mobility and delivery platform.
What You'll Do
- Own audience insights - Synthesize consumer insights and industry perspectives on key aspects of sustainability; identify and prioritize sustainability needs of specific audience segments for marketing campaigns that drive awareness of our sustainability commitment and products that contribute positively to a clean environment.
- Help to shape the product team's roadmap, developing the global narrative for Uber’s commitment to sustainability, as well as the positioning, messaging and go-to-market strategies for new products geared towards earners, riders, eaters, and merchants all over the world.
- Develop marketing campaigns and strategies to electrify vehicles and support the transition of earners and fleets to EVs aligned with our sustainability goals.
- Drive marketing development - Oversee the creation of sustainability marketing awareness campaigns that span the globe, guiding the development of creative and engaging content that our earners and consumers need and want.
- Measure for impact - Work internally to iterate and measure impact campaigns have on awareness and adjust accordingly to optimize for results and critical metrics.
- Evangelize new ideas - Work with Product, PR, Policy and Ops teams to champion sustainability marketing initiatives and partnerships. Lead effective conversations with cross-functional alignment to build support.
- Make a difference - Passion for creating empathetic, inspiring and innovative marketing that strives for ambitious social impact. Partner with Social Impact to enhance benefits to our customers.
- Champion the voice of the customer and partner closely with Product and BD teams as we invest in AV technology and services over a longer term horizon.
- 4+ years of experience in consumer product marketing
- Passion for sustainability and want to be a part of building a future that benefits humankind and our planet!
- Penchant for data: You know how to use the data to make decisions and drive growth.
- Top-notch at market research: You're a truth-seeking missile. You know your market, customers, and competition better than anyone, and you integrate this information into your growth strategies.
- Master storyteller: You can craft a compelling narrative across different channels and match the message to the medium.
- A "builder" personality: You're biased toward action, a phenomenal collaborator across functions, internally and externally, and master simplifier. You never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery.
- A messaging maestro: Incredible at articulating the essence of products and the value they create. You can make the most complex products incredibly simple for consumers to understand. You can develop a strong messaging hierarchy and effective content strategy. You shine at copywriting.
- Excellent project management skills with a keen attention to detail.
- An awesome and optimistic attitude. We work hard, and have a good time doing it!
- Prior experience in sustainability, trust, or social impact marketing
- Experience in planning, setting metrics, and roadmap development
- MBA or Master's degree
- International experience
For New York, NY-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $129,000 per year - $143,000 per year.
For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $129,000 per year - $143,000 per year.
For all US locations, you will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We’ve grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company’s discretion.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada