Associate Counsel, Product & Commercial, ACAC
About the Team
Uber is changing the world and the Uber Legal Team is proud to be a part of that. You will be part of a growing team working on cutting-edge issues and shaping the legal landscape in an exciting, fast-paced environment. We’re not just another social web app: we’re moving real assets and real people around their cities.
About the Role
We are currently searching for a high-caliber commercial associate counsel to coordinate and support our commercial and product needs of the ACAC team. (Andean, Central America, Panama and The Caribbean regions).
We're looking for a creative counsel that is not afraid of risks, thinks quickly on your feet and is up for a fun team dynamic, helping the team assess the business in a responsible way.
Are you interested?
Keep reading and apply!
What You'll Do
- Support in the advising of Uber's Rides & Eats businesses in ACAC, working on commercial contracts, marketing, corporate, and product matters across the region.
- Collaborate on a variety of business areas including product development, vehicle solutions, and business development and conduct legal researches.
- Work on commercial contracts, promotional agreements, service agreements, sponsorships, partnerships as well as general procurement, real estate, marketing, and advertising initiatives, with the support of the Senior Counsel.
- Understand and apply current regulations as applicable to Uber’s business models in the region and your areas of responsibility
What You'll Need
- 3-5 years of experience at an outstanding law firm or in-house team
- Highly motivated, creative, entrepreneurial, and laser-focused on the details; able to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment, while collaborating as a team to stay in sync and working independently to get the job done
- Strong academic credentials and a law degree
- Good judgment, communication, and interpersonal skills
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We’ve grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company’s discretion.
\* Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada