Junior Operations Manager, Uber Eats - France
About the Role
Uber Eats is looking for a Junior Operations Manager for its Central Operations team in Paris. Central Operations' mission is to make the Uber Eats platform the preferred food delivery platform for restaurants, couriers and eaters across the 200 cities where we operate in France.
Junior Operations Manager is a key role for Uber Eats and combines various skills such as: project management, process creation and automation, advanced data analytics, daily interactions with our Product teams in New York and San Francisco, as well as with our City Manager teams, who are in contact with partners across France daily. More specifically, the Courier Operations team is in charge of creating the best experience for our courier partners.
What You Will Do
- Process & Tool Creation: One of a Junior Operations Manager's biggest tasks at Uber Eats is to create processes and tools for our restaurants and couriers partners and teams in the field. For example, you might automate a communication campaign, build new rules that help fight fraud, develop new partnerships (equipment, road safety, food safety...), optimize onboarding processes or create an identification system for delivery problems and then find scalable solutions to correct these.
- Project Management: Junior Operations Managers oversee projects from their initial definition until their final implementation. They are also responsible for defining and following project KPIs. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with many different teams in France and across the world, ensuring alignment, quick execution - all while maintaining Uber's high standards for operational execution.
- Data analysis: Uber wouldn't be Uber without all of our data. You will autonomously create your own analyses and dashboards to measure your projects' success.
- Interactions with Product teams: You will maintain links between on-the-ground teams and our Product teams based in San Francisco, New York and Amsterdam. You will be the voice of the French market, helping to prioritize future application changes, and you'll help launch all the new product functionalities each week across your market.
What You Will Need
- You have graduated from an engineering or business school with relevant internships experience.
- You are fluent in French and English since you will be interacting with team members in France, but also with people from across the globe.
- You have an appetite for data and are comfortable with numbers. SQL mastery is a definite plus!
- You love to build and optimize rigorous processes. Finding scalable solutions and being a champion of operational excellence are interesting to you.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and are comfortable with ambiguity.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada