Catalog Operations Manager, New Verticals - France
About the Role
Uber is transforming the future of grocery & retail, building the world’s best and biggest marketplace for on-demand delivery of all local commerce. A key part of this is providing a magical experience to our customers through the product catalog.
The Catalog Operations Manager is the analytical heart of the France catalog team, operating in a wide playing field containing assortment, pricing, promotions, content, availability and search. Creating relevant insights by extracting and merging product and sales data using data is a key skill (SQL, Python preferred).
The catalog manager works empirically, finding explanations and solutions in the data, through pilots and trial and error. They have a good end-to-end understanding of online retail and knows how to work as a team with engineers, account managers and merchants. Knows how to set priorities, knows how to separate main from side business, and works fast and efficiently even though the role is anchored in analytics.
What You Will Do
- You will own end-to-end responsibility on item availability, content quality, product search and pricing
- Supervise KPIs, detect root causes of issues that affect them and propose solutions
- Attend meetings and coordinate with project stakeholders, including external partners
- Act as catalog point of contact for our Merchants (eg. onboarding, being responsible for process follow up and catalog quality)
- Run analysis to understand current state of problems and to validate a plan of action
- Lead, manage and execute projects related to catalog within cross functional teams, e.g. :
- Identify potential areas of improvement
- Propose a plan for improvement
- Coordinate with other internal areas
- Collaborate with merchant teams (both commercial and technical)
- Implement process improvements
- Train team members in new processes
- Supervise project progress
- Track and document results
- Find third party providers
What You Will Need
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of business experience driving scaled operations, strategy, or project/program management
- Intermediate SQL Skills
- Prior experience working with catalogs at an e-commerce or technology company
- Problem solving mindset; ability to identify problems, determine the correct analysis to assess them and come up with solutions.
- Leadership skills; involve everyone needed to implement action plans. Teamwork is key.
- Organizational skills; be able to divide projects into small chronological tasks making sure to follow up and follow through
- Multitasking; leading more than one project at the same time
- Good business and analytical logic; be able to foresee the impact of projects in different areas of the company.
- Understanding the context and impact of a project and be able to set priorities
- Comfort with ambiguity, evolving priorities, and an ability to operate autonomously
- Full proficiency in French and English
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We’ve grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company’s discretion.
\* Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada