COA Rotational Program - Accounting and Accounting Operations
About the Role
This role will join our Chief Accounting Officer (CAO) Team Development Program (DP) as part of the Uber Finance team and is geared toward individuals with zero years of experience who have a passion and interest for learning a broad spectrum of accounting, finance operations, and beyond.
You will be on a cross-functional team supporting various businesses including Accounting, Accounts Payable and Receivable, Global Business Services (think transformation projects), Strategic Sourcing, and Treasury. This Program will kick-start your career at Uber by learning first-hand from business partners while being exposed to the scale of a global technology company.
The CAO DP is a two-year rotational program providing a breadth of core financial, analytical, and project skills that will allow you to get experience in several different areas and will serve as an excellent foundation for a career in corporate finance. The program is based out of our San Francisco, California, or Dallas, Texas, office, and upon completion, CAO DPs will have the opportunity to apply for a non-rotational role within Uber.
So if you're ready to go deep, work on an exciting set of challenges and seek exposure to the breadth of businesses, functions, and skills - we would love to hear from you!
What You'll Do
- Work closely with businesses across Uber, representing the CAO team, and supporting business objectives.
- Engage with teams across the business to provide input on special projects to increase efficiencies and streamline processes.
- Work cross-functionally across the organization to develop an understanding of the business.
- Apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision-making related to new initiatives, products, and business opportunities.
- Contribute towards our vision and road-maps for outstanding team functions.
- Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skills.
- Bachelors Degree, or currently enrolled in a bachelor's program with anticipated graduation in Winter 2022, or Spring/Summer 2023.
- Bachelors in Accounting, Finance, Strategic Sourcing, Logistics, or a related field.
- A minimum of one internship program or part-time work experience in a related field.
- CPA or studying for
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to independently research and resolve problems where analysis requires the in-depth evaluation of numerous factors.
- Strong Google Suite and Excel skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, growth mindset, ability to take ownership and implement.
- Thrive in a dynamic, changing environment.
- Ability to structure effective presentations.
- Leadership positions in extracurricular groups or activities.
About the Team
Accounting Operations: We analyze and record transactions vital to produce timely and accurate financial statements. Our teams are organized by function and include Revenue Operations, Technical Revenue, GL Accounting, Fixed Assets, Leasing, Collections & Disbursements, Transfer Pricing, Consolidations, and Projects. SMEs for M&A Integration. Ownership & governance over Chart of Accounts (COA) and Monthly Close Calendar. Lead transformational projects.
Finance Operations (FinOps): We have three core teams: Procure to Pay, Travel & Expense, and Order to Cash.
- Procure to Pay supports the business across: Procurement processing (Coupa), supplier/vendor onboarding management, invoice processing, accounting payables, cash account reconciliation, and Global Procurement Policy.
- Travel & Expense drives: T&E Policy, Corporate & Purchasing Cards, Travel + Internal Meeting & Events, business visas, and expenses.
- Order to Cash drives: B2B invoices, Uber for Business, Uber Freight, marketing and partnership deals, credit checks, collections, and cash applications.
Global Business Services (GBS): We support the business through: Shared Service Center for Finance and IT, Business Process Outsourced (BPO), Accenture consulting services.
Strategic Sourcing & Logistics: We are built around three core functions: Strategic Sourcing, Logistics, and Flexforce. Here’s a little more about each of their focus areas:
- Strategic Sourcing: Strategic Sourcing of preferred suppliers, and contract negotiations and supply chain.
- Logistics: Shipping, trade compliance, and distribution.
- Flexforce: Contingent workforce management, headcount tracking, and fieldglass champion.
Treasury: We support Uber’s strategic growth initiatives across Cash Management & Treasury Operations, Debt & Investment Management, Foreign Exchange Risk Management, and Corporate HQ activities.
Learn more about our teams here.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
For Dallas, TX-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $65,000 per year - $68,250 per year.
For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $72,000 per year - $75,750 per year.
For all US locations, you will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We’ve grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company’s discretion.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada