Data Science Manager - Paid Marketing
About the Role
We are looking for an outstanding data scientist manager to lead the performance marketing measurement team. This is a new team that will be responsible for providing in-depth analyses for all paid channel measurement and help the business make better decisions! You will be the guide in paid marketing metrics, business strategies of our key markets, and our paid marketing strategies.
What You'll Do
- Develop a team of 2-3 highly skilled data scientists
- Partner with internal collaborators including Operations, Finance, Product and the Channel team to develop paid marketing strategies and budget decisions based on data insights
- Conduct strategic analysis on the intersection of business and paid marketing results
- Synthesize business insights and collaborate with measurement applied scientists to find opportunities to improve the current paid marketing measurement framework
- Generate ideas for exploratory analysis to shape paid marketing strategies
- M.S. or Bachelors degree in Math, Economics, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields
- Minimum 2 years of management experience
- Basic understanding of experimental design (such as A/B experiments) and statistical methods
- Advanced SQL expertise
- Experience building intuitive and impactful dashboards and data visualizations that drive business decisions (eg with Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker, or similar)
- Ability and experience in extracting insights from data, and summarizing learnings / takeaways
- Experience with Paid Marketing domains
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate complex business activities, technical requirements, and recommendations.
- Previous experience in advertising tech (e.g. bidding model, attribution, targeting, 3rd party data integration, etc) is a plus.
- Work experience in applying advanced analytics, applied science, or causal inference to marketing problems.
- A passion for data quality
- Excellent judgment, critical-thinking, and decision-making skills
For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $165,000 per year - $183,000 per year.
You will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We’ve grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company’s discretion.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada