Sr Business Development Associate, Consumer BD, US&C
About the Role
As Uber continues to expand its services and technologies around the world, the Business Development team is looking for a strategic dealmaker to grow our US & Canada partnerships portfolio. You will be responsible for sourcing, evaluating and performing partnerships that span BD's portfolio of consumer partnerships across sectors including sports, entertainment, travel, loyalty and others.
This is a highly cross-functional role, as you will collaborate across internal teams including product, finance, compliance, policy, marketing and operations.
This is an individual contributor role as a member on a strong team. You will support other team members in building out critical deal analytics and research, and should also cultivate partnerships you can own end to end.
What You'll Do
- Shape and deliver the existing strategic vision and roadmap for high-value consumer partnerships on behalf of our Delivery and Mobility offerings
- Drive the growth of Uber's membership and loyalty programs through high-visibility partnerships with major consumer-facing brands!
- Expand Uber's portfolio of out-of-home partnerships! (Uber Live: sports venues, airports, etc.)
- Source, negotiate and implement deals as well as own responsibility for implementation and post-contract success of the partnership
- Develop and drive consumer strategy in concert with Product, Business Operations, Marketing, Strategy & Planning, and Finance, including opportunity sizing and resource prioritization
- Evaluate strategic partnerships and initiative opportunities by performing a range of quantitative and qualitative analyses. Demonstrate strong quantitative skills by building financial models that unlock the best value for your partnerships. Track, analyze, and communicate key performance metrics to internal and external customers
- Envision new ways that strategic partnerships can positively impact core business objectives by applying creativity and business insight
- Lead strategic and sophisticated negotiations to completion, engaging cross-functional teams and ensuring alignment across teams on deal terms
- Drive post-contract accountability by handling implementation and ensuring cross-functional alignment and execution. Interface and serve as a point of contact for external counterparts and beyond up to C-level executives, alongside top-tier BD professionals for complex deals and relationships.
- Measured by your ability to (1) drive revenue and user growth (2) deliver flawless and magnificent experiences for our consumers, (3) influence product roadmap for new revenue streams.
- 3+ years of experience in business development, strategic partnerships, partner management, or similar roles at a technology company or payments company
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Excellent ability to think strategically and analytically about business opportunities, as well as a strong record of driving high-value operationally based partnerships
- To succeed in this role, you will need a keen sense of responsibility, entrepreneurial drive, and an ability to encourage
- Ability to thrive with minimal mentorship, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Ability to fuse business, strategy, finance, and legal concepts to lead sophisticated, complex deals
- Ability to work cross functionally, lead priorities and succeed in a highly matrixed organization
- Analytical mentality and track record of using data to inform strategy
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Expertise in the industry of Sports, Entertainment, and/or Travel/Hospitality
- Experience bringing and scaling new and emerging products/business lines to market. Ability to build innovative product experiences and go to market models
- Previous experience in Advertising/Media. You understand the values and appropriate use cases for marketing assets across multiple use cases and channels
- Experience working with gig-economy companies
- Ability to challenge and influence various customers across organizations
For New York City-based roles: The salary range for this role is $120,000 per year - $133,000 per year. You will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award, commissions & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada