Operations Manager - Uber Direct, France
About the role
Since 2020, Delivery at Uber has grown tremendously on the back of increased demand caused by the pandemic. Merchants across all categories have increased their investment and interest in their digital and delivery offering. Without having their own on-demand logistics capability, merchants are looking for a partner who can fulfill the requirement for last-mile delivery. With millions of drivers and couriers providing on-demand logistics through our existing marketplaces, Uber is well positioned to allow merchants to use our network of couriers, fulfilling the on-demand last-mile-delivery service for orders to their own app and website.
Uber Direct is a new business that focuses on last-mile delivery across all verticals - Online Food Delivery, Grocery, Retail, Ecommerce - empowering merchants to deliver orders generated on their own channels (outside of Uber's marketplaces) with the most convenient experience. Direct is rapidly growing the ways in which Uber connects the world. Our goal is to set the momentum that will transform Direct into a sizable part of our business by EOY'23. Uber Direct has the potential to be our next multi-billion dollar business.
This role will be a part of a newly formed Direct team in France, and will be working very closely with the Eats and New Verticals teams in France, the EMEA central Direct team and cross-functional counterparts.
As Operations Manager for Uber Direct in France, you'll support the team in driving and growing our last-mile delivery business and strategy in France. You'll be responsible for developing data-driven insights, crafting strategies, and scaling impactful and innovative business initiatives.
This is particularly important as we venture into new business opportunities that require innovative approaches to our customers happiness and growth.
What You Will Do
As a Uber Direct Ops Manager, be a strategic partner to the Uber Direct team, to support the growth of the France business:
- Monitor the activity & Analyze Data - With the help of Uber's rich dataset, you will supervise market performance, understand our customers' challenges and always look for ways to improve the operations. You will build analytical frameworks, operational models or dashboards to a close control and operation improvement as well as to report the Uber Direct France insights.
- Build & Optimize scalable Process & Tools - Create the relevant Uber Direct processes to ensure that we are seeking for the outstanding flawless operation and unit economics. Built the right tools for our teams in the field and for our customers to scale seamlessly. Working closely with the Central Operation and Commercial teams to improve both Merchants and Couriers (delivery person) experience!
- Be the voice of the French market toward Product teams - Maintain links between on-the-ground teams and our Product teams for everything we need to build on the Product front for our Direct business. Be the voice of the French market, helping to prioritize future application changes, and help launch all the new product features. You will also need to collaborate and lead projects involving cross-functional teams like Legal, Employment, Comms, ComOps, etc.
Support AMs and Sales on strategic partnerships - Constantly seeking solutions for this new product. Your processes and projects will directly contribute to the business growth and to the satisfaction of our customers. Work hand in hand with the team members to support their merchants' interactions (pitch, problem solving, business reviews, etc.)
What You'll Need
- Min 3 years of experience in Startup, Consulting, Operations, Logistics or other relevant experience
- Analytical & critical thinking and experience with data-driven decision-making, ability to deal with data (reports, experiments, pricing models) and exercise good judgment in ambiguous circumstances and effectively communicating across a complementary team
- Business acumen, ability to seize and prioritize opportunities based on feasibility and potential
- High adaptability to change and ability to execute quickly. Able to pivot from long-term thinking to immediate action tactical response
- Entrepreneurial mindset and pro-activity, ability to own end-to-end projects from strategic thinking to actually getting things done
- Excellent excel skills
Proficiency in English and French
Experience with SQL is a plus, or comfortable learning and using new software tools
Industry knowledge in the on-demand / same-day delivery space
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada