Staff Product Designer - Merchant
About the Role
We are looking for a Delivery Design lead who is passionate about building tools and experiences that drive increased usage and productivity for a variety of merchants. The mission of this design team is to invent, design, and build platforms that enable merchants to accelerate their business growth using the UberEats Delivery platform.
In this role, you will be crafting magical user experiences for a diverse set of users at grocery, alcohol, and restaurant merchants across the world. You will partner with bar-raising talent to define user requirements, drive new architectural thinking and user flows, design new interfaces and prototypes, and influence our product roadmaps, Join us and have the creative freedom to transform the way the world gets anything delivered!
What You Will Do
- Collaborative capacity planning, scoping, planning and team management
- Lead bi-annual cross functional workshops and summits
- Drive and design conceptual sketches, wireframe information architecture, low to high-fidelity mockups, and interaction specifications
- Iteratively deliver product strategy, planning and feature launches
- Build trust and collaborate with partner teams
- Use research methodologies to turn customer feedback into actionable findings
- Use business requirements, research, and customer feedback to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements
- Use, develop and maintain detailed design patterns that scale
- Understand and respond to data (metric tests, usability studies), using that to inform future design
- Drive efficiency and scale through improvement and/or automation
- Draw from existing brand guidelines and standards
- Document and implement new design standards, methods or processes
- Mentor, grow, and guide design team members’ career development to build a diverse talent team.
- 10+ years of design experience
- Effective prototyping skills
- Have deep understanding and experience designing desktop and mobile applications
- Strong ability to present work, explain your rationale, and incorporate feedback
- Experience leading workshop and creating user stories, personas, and storyboards
- Experience working with quantitative and qualitative research including usability testing, analytics, user interviews, and A/B testing
- Experience working with a design organization, regularly incorporating feedback, applying and contributing to a design system
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work
- 3+ years of management experience
- Solid understanding of user-centered design methodologies, design thinking processes, and usability principles
- Effective verbal, writing, strategic thinking, conceptualization, presentation, facilitation, and organization skills
- Experience in a software development workflow and tooling including Figma, Sketch, and JIRA
For New York, NY-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $220,000 per year - $244,000 per year.
For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $220,000 per year - $244,000 per year.
For Seattle, WA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $220,000 per year - $244,000 per year.
For all US locations, you will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We’ve grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company’s discretion.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada