We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer. And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
We're disrupting the transportation space and growing rapidly in both the U.S. and internationally. This is an excellent opportunity for an intellectually curious actuary to think outside of the box while working in one of Uber's most critical and fastest growing organizations. The Claims Analytics team works to quantify the impact of environmental and operational claims trends as well as operational initiatives that impact insurance. This actuary will partner closely with the Actuarial Reserving and Pricing teams in addition to Uber's internal Claims team and third-party insurers. So if you're ready to go deep working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the skills, experience, passion, and a strong team mentality, get in touch!
What the Candidate Will Do:
- Employ traditional actuarial skills and training in creative ways to analyze claim trends for domestic and international insurance business
- Provide strong actuarial support for the evaluation of claims performance
- Utilize SQL and Python to enhance monitoring and reporting
- Integrate innovative actuarial methodology with traditional techniques to accurately measure risk and deliver business insights
- Translate complex actuarial analyses and conclusions into meaningful business impact
- Lead analytical deep dives into internal and external claims operational practices and present insights to senior leadership
- Communicate analysis to actuarial leadership and other internal and external stakeholders including Uber Insurance leadership as well as Claims & Actuarial stakeholders at third party insurers
- Candidate with ACAS/FCAS and a minimum of 6 years of P&C actuarial experience
- BA/BS in Math, Statistics, Economics, or similar
- Great communication and organization skills, ability to multitask and be a team player
- Balance attention to detail with swift and practical execution
- Drive to learn complex topics
- Enthusiasm about Uber!
- Personal or commercial auto insurance experience
- Python proficiency
- Strong communication skills with the proven ability to present to an executive-level audience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
For New York City, NY-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $158,000 per year - $176,000 per year.
For New York, NY-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $158,000 per year - $176,000 per year.
For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $158,000 per year - $176,000 per year.
For all US locations, you will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We’ve grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company’s discretion.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada