Product Analyst, New Verticals
We take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but an outstanding individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides an equal opportunity to encourages all employees to share their thoughts.
About the Team
New Verticals is a startup within Uber, a team focussed on growth, but with the support and leverage of Uber's large global ridesharing and delivery businesses. It is the delivery of everything that isn't restaurant food - think groceries, essentials, alcohol, pharmaceuticals, beauty, and more... You'll be part of a fast moving team who believes #GreatMindsDon'tThinkAlike, we are focused on solving real world challenges, working closely across different departments and regions.
About the Role
Uber is redefining the future of grocery & retail, building a marketplace for on-demand delivery of all local commerce.
The product analyst is the analytical heart of the Japan data team, operating in a broad playing. Creating relevant insights by extracting and merging product and sales data using SQL and Python is a crucial skill.
The product analyst works empirically, finding explanations and solutions in the data through pilots and trial and error. The candidate would have a good end-to-end understanding of online retail and know how to work as a team with the partner engineering team, account managers, and merchants. The candidate would learn how to set priorities and work fast and efficiently even though the role is anchored in analytics.
Your Impact in Role
- Monitor KPI performance and actively seek to improve it through scalable data-based solutions.
- Implement processes to manage and enhance levels of critical metrics.
- Swiftly take corrective action when business-sensitive issues arise.
- Carry out operational projects with the support of the global teams.
- Raise technical needs to the Country support manager.
- Act as one of the data point-of-contacts for internal team members.
- Act as a support member of the data team in projects from other operational areas.
The Experience You'll Bring
- 3+ years of business analyst experience driving scaled operations, strategy, or project/program management
- SQL Proficiency
- Python Proficiency
- Native-level Japanese and advanced level English
- Prior working experience with an e-commerce or technology company
- Skilled at distilling large sets of unstructured data into valuable insights
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate and drive consensus across technical and non-technical audiences.
- Analytical orientation with a curiosity about framing business questions with data and translating business needs into valuable solutions that scale
- Comfort with ambiguity, evolving priorities, and an ability to operate autonomously
What's in it for You?
Uber's culture and values are at the core of everything we do, so that our employees can better understand who we are and what it's like to work at Uber today.
We pride ourselves on the amazing team we've built. The driver behind all of our growth, our bold and innovative brand, and the impactful technology we bring to life is the people that make Uber, #OneUber.
Doing your best work means being your best self. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that are uniquely Uber to support your health and wellbeing. These benefits have been designed with #OneUber in mind, supporting the whole you and the way that you work best.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada