Product Manager Marketplace, Driver Pricing
About the Role
The Driver Pricing and Incentives team develops the product experiences, pricing features, algorithms and platforms that enable Uber to be a reliable and motivating source of earnings for millions of driver partners around the world. Our team is responsible for delivering ~$2B driver Incentives to ensure we have a balanced marketplace to serve riders. You will have a team of ~20 engineers (including front end, backend, and ML), data scientists, designers and UX researchers to build tools and technology that help drivers enhance their earnings on Uber.
Our team is responsible for highly visible features of the driver app including the surge heatmap, positioning suggestions and driver incentives planning & tracking tools. Underlying these experiences, we define and iterate on a full suite of pricing features and strategies such as long-pickup fees, driver surge algorithm, peak hour incentives and loyalty incentives. The Driver Pricing and Incentives team also develops the platforms to monitor, analyze and flawlessly deliver these pricing experiences no matter the type of trip (e.g. UberX, UberPOOL, UberEATs) and for our diverse set of driver partners. In this role, you will work very closely with cross-functional leaders in strategy, finance, marketing, policy, legal and operations to ensure our products support the needs of our global business.
What the Candidate Will Do:
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's mission and strategies, as well as the needs and motivations of the diverse set of drivers who use the platform globally.
- Own a product pillar within the Driver Pricing and Incentives charter. Define a narrative for how your team's roadmap aligns with company-level and regional business priorities.
- Distill the vision and strategy for the team, generate enthusiasm across cross-functional partners and executive leadership
- Drive innovation, research, design, and planning of entirely new products and features. Challenge your cross-functional team to think boldly and channel that energy into concrete action
- Generate and validate product ideas through continuous experimentation
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data and research insights are necessary to inform product direction by soliciting and embracing critical feedback
- Clearly communicate plans, insights, data and results to a spectrum of audiences including executives, other product teams, and other decision-makers across Uber
- Work with the global operations team and cross-functional partners to understand the requirements of Uber's regional markets and ensure successful global deployment of new systems and models
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Product Management delivering successful and innovative products
- Results and metrics-oriented. You create clear definitions of success and guide prioritization and ideation against that. Focused on building businesses, not features
- Strong customer empathy, with an ability to transform complex data and customer insights into a prioritized roadmap
- Leadership and communication. Shown ability to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical team members up to and including the executive-level
- Strong communication & partnership skills - this will be a very cross-functional role, with more than a handful of core partner teams.
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams of engineers, data scientists, and designers to deliver extraordinary products
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a thirst for learning.
- Academic background or equivalent work experience in computer science, data science, statistics, economics or engineering highly preferred
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada