People Operations Specialist
About the Role
Uber’s People Experience and Operations team ensures that our global employee population has a fantastic experience at Uber, from onboarding onwards. We’re the center-point between the different People functional areas, the jack-of-all-trades who know the answers to employee questions, and if not, how to connect people who do. Based around the world, we take care of the employee experience and improve our people systems and processes, thinking globally and acting locally to ensure employees across Uber can focus on the work they were hired to do.
We’re looking for a People Operations Specialist to support our employee population in APAC - someone who is passionate about finding ways to best support our (growing) employee base.
In this role, you will be a key pillar of the People Operations Team, who assists employees and managers with their People support needs across our 11 APAC countries - being customer-obsessed is key.
As a People Operations Specialist you are a problem solver who designs processes & control, diagnoses process failures, and offshore & automates processes while ensuring scalable solutions. Next to your generalist duties, you will be a subject matter expert in one or more of the employee lifecycle programs. This is where your project management skills come in handy.
You are a person who leads by example, thrives in a data-driven, “all hands on deck" environment, enjoys engaging with multiple stakeholders, loves finding solutions to problems, and last but not least enriches our team with your personality and skill set.
---- What the Candidate Will Do ----
- Own and manage day-to-day Tier 2 cases (queries from employees and managers (via a ticketing system), workflows, SLAs, and risk mitigation
- Own Tier 2 agent knowledge resources plus training and ensure they align to HRSS and COE content
- Leverage user-centered design to build, prototype, test and deploy processes and systems that best serve Uber’s needs
- Leverage enablers like process optimization, automation, offshoring, etc. to find the appropriate balance between user experience, operational efficiency, and cost optimization
- Identify operational weaknesses within the team and within the region, improve existing processes, and support/manage projects on the development of new processes to keep the People Support Team scale with Uber’s growth on a regional and global level
- Diagnose operational breakdowns at the root cause and work with regional stakeholders across People, Tech, Legal, Finance, Compliance, etc. to find optimal and holistic solutions
- Ensure that the right controls, measures, etc. are in place to monitor and continuously improve processes
- Perform regular analyses, reporting, and audits as required.
---- Basic Qualifications ----
- Master's degree in business/human resources preferred
- 3+ years of prior experience in a People Operations / HR operations role at either a high-growth tech startup or a large, well-established company
- Problem-solving skill: when you see a problem, you work hard and think out of the box until you fix it
- Team player: none of our work is in a silo. The reward comes not from individual glory but from the collective satisfaction of a job well done
- Data-driven mindset: capable to run analysis and/or understand data and transform it into relevant insights
- Customer-centric: you can tailor your service and solution to different customer needs, and you amaze them with your great communication skills
- Process design/optimization: you are able to turn work into a (basic) process, and break down an existing process into pieces, identifying opportunities for improvement to make it eg. more efficient
- Basic level of project management skills: superior organizational skills, good follow through on tasks and staying in touch with key stakeholders
Professional proficiency in English
Tool knowledge: ServiceNow, Workday
- Preferred - Language proficiency: Mandarin Chinese (spoken in Taiwan)
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We’ve grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company’s discretion.
\* Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada