Staff Software Engineer (Frontend) - U4B
About the Role
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
This role is for an engineer on the U4B (also called Uber For Business) Platform team based out of Bengaluru, India. The U4B vertical is Uber's offering for the enterprise. As a part of our Go Big Plan, we have an aggressive growth charter and are looking for engineers who can be a part of that journey.
The Platform teams focus on money and organization experience platforms. You will be tasked to solve interesting problems that will require not only creating functionalities that will allow us to expand the breadth and depth of our offerings, but also ensure performance and scalability aspects of the platform.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Experience with any popular frontend framework like React, Angular.
- Expertise with how page rendering and different technologies work to render a page on browser.
- Experience with NodeJS, designing APIs and interacting with backend technologies to define an end to end product experience.
- Ability to drive things being data driven.
- Understand how channel communication works end to end and apply domain knowledge to build new communication experiences, improve current experience.
- Work with product, backend, operations teams to understand channels vision and identify opportunities to enhance channel capabilities leveraging Uber tech stack, Customer Obsession Tech stack.
- Learn and improve the frontend technologies behind the support infrastructure.
Will be responsible for U4b Admin products including Org and Employee Growth, and Org experience
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada