Regional Operations Manager (Merchant Onboarding)
About the Role
Uber Eats is looking to grow the Regional Operations team in the EMEA HQ in Amsterdam. The mission of the Operations team is simple: make Uber Eats the preferred delivery platform for restaurants, couriers and customers in the 14 EMEA markets where we operate.
Within Merchant Operations, you will be working on the Merchant Onboarding team, which strives to deliver operational efficiencies across all EMEA markets and a best-in-class merchant experience, to drive the expansion of our merchant base & enable mutual growth.
In this role, you will work on optimizing processes to help restaurants achieve their first delivery on the platform in a short timeframe and at minimum costs To achieve this, we need to develop standard processes at scale for the region and work with our Local Operations teams and Merchants to better comprehend the merchant experience and key struggles in our onboarding process. You will become the Regional POC for relevant HQ product teams to enthusiastically advocate for new features to improve and work towards finding solutions to close the gaps and ensure we are setting merchants up for success on our network.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
---- What the Candidate Will Do ----
- Develop a deep understanding of the end to end experience a Merchant has on our platform in order to identify the key difficulties and gaps we have with competitors.
- Work closely with the Product team to provide this direct feedback and guide the team in building the right set of features to improve the Merchant on Uber Eats and close the gap with competition!
- Menu optimization will be a key responsibility of this role, ensuring our merchants have the most efficient menu on our system backed by comprehensive data models
- Focus on streamlining the onboarding process of POS-integrated merchants
- Act as a Product Champion for the EMEA region to support product rollouts, develop reporting and analytics and partner with Sales and AM teams to ensure successful adoption of Product features.
- In addition to Product, identify difficulties that can be solved by Ops and build stellar Ops processes and tools to make compliance protocols flawless for our internal and external customers.
- Represent the voice of our merchants in projects and discussions with internal collaborators, by conducting Merchant visits and round table sessions with Account Managers and Sales teams to collect feedback and stay close to our Merchants' needs.
- Earn credibility amongst a diverse group - local and regional Merchant Operations teams around the world, Product, Engineering and Data Science organizations in San Francisco and NYC - and ensure projects continue moving to their completion despite tight commitments
---- Basic Qualifications ----
- 3+ years of experience in business operations, analytics, management consulting, or other related experience
- A Bachelor or Master's Degree
- Exceptional data management skills - SQL is a must!
- Excellent project management skills, skillset to set up and manage processes and projects from the ground up.
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Strong stakeholder leadership skills with experience working in diverse, cross-functional and global environments.
- Proven problem solving skills with an ability to self-serve
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Clear communicator
---- Preferred Qualifications ----
- Statistical background
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada