Product Manager Merchant
About the Role
The mission for Uber Eats is to make eating well effortless for everyone, everyday. Central to this mission, alongside Uber's delivery speed and a convenient ordering interface, is our partnership with some of the world's best-loved merchants. As a Product Manager on the Merchant team, your job is to lead a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, data science, product operations and regional operations to help solve 3 of the biggest problems we currently have in the merchant space:
- Create a secure, best-in-class experience for helping merchants setup their accounts on Uber, and start preparing orders for the first time.
- Create a frictionless KYC process, necessary for Uber to prevent bad actors from coming onto the platform, and keep our merchant operations compliant in the face of rapidly evolving regulations globally.
Bring Your Own Courier: Some merchants (eg. Domino's) prefer delivering on their own which leads to profitability and reliability challenges for Uber. Lead Strategic Initiatives for the multi-billion dollar BYOC business to create a best-in-class self-delivery channel for merchants and eaters.
---- What You Will Do ----
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's mission and strategies, and use these to define and distill the mission and objectives for your specific teams
- Understand the needs of our merchants, consumers and the business to define the vision, strategy and roadmap
- Collaborate with market facing and engineering teams to address business needs with bar-raising product features.
- Monitor and measure launched products and feed insights back into the product development process.
- Communicate product plans, benefits, and results to a wide spectrum of audiences from internal users to leadership teams
- Work closely with engineering, design, data science, and lines of businesses to figure out features to build next
- Ensure synchronization with other teams across the Merchant portfolio (eg. Onboarding)
- Support leadership and stakeholders with strategic inputs on product enhancements and contribute to cross-team initiatives
---- What You Will Need ----
- 5+ years of product management experience delivering highly successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them -- and you're deeply proud of what you've accomplished
- Empathy: For your cross-functional team, for your stakeholders and their goals, and most importantly for the merchants you create these experiences for
- Ability to structure thinking to translate complex problems into simplified next steps
- Never ending ability to grow & learn, and adapt your thinking to a fast paced environment
- Grittiness: You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on
- Tech Savviness: Ability to understand & translate sophisticated technical concepts across cross-functional teams, and to simplify key takeaways for executives
- Understanding of UX best practices: Proven ability to deliver top class end-customer experiences
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to justify requirements, features and drive management of product
- High attention to detail
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada