Data Analyst - Lead, Scaled Sales
About the team
UberEats has been a market leader in Online Food Delivery for the past five years. While there are many Aussies and Kiwis that have ordered a meal through us, there are many others who could benefit from our products and services. #GoGetIt embodies the attitude and mindset of Delivery at Uber. We provide the best customer experience possible for our consumers, as well as facilitating growth and earnings for our merchants and drivers.
About the Role
A deep, data-driven understanding of our restaurant segment is core to enabling the Scaled Sales & Success team to best understand our opportunities for growth by delivering high-impact and targeted campaigns.
With our mission to grow the segment, through personalised, agile and often experimental engagement, the Scaled Data Analytics Lead will provide this meaningful analytical function to identify insights and provide structured recommendations directly to the team.
Your impact in role
- Build, own and maintain a restaurant partner segmentation model, to enable a deep understanding of merchant partner performance
- Frequently deep dive into specific metrics e.g. churn, menu conversion performance or early lifecycle performance, to drive insights
- Provide analysis and recommend segmentations for where opportunities for commercial growth exist in the Scaled segment
- Based on your recommendations and prioritised team critical metrics, develop audiences for campaigns and complete cohorting to assist with campaign execution, as well as designing & running experiments relating to all team activity
The experience you'll bring
- Experience as a dedicated analyst/data scientist with a bachelor's degree (or higher) in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Operations Research, or other relevant quantitative fields
- Tell stories with data - we’ll be looking for strong recommendations, delivering high-impact insights to inform operations, sales and marketing initiatives. Not just reporting.
- Proficient in identifying behaviours and patterns that are predictors of certain outcomes
- Ability to write sophisticated SQL queries, as well as intermediate programming skills - proficient in using Python/R for conducting statistical analysis
Uber's culture and values are at the core of everything we do, so that our employees can better understand who we are and what it’s like to work at Uber today.
We pride ourselves on the amazing team we’ve built. The driver behind all of our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology we bring to life is the people that make Uber, #OneUber.
Doing your best work means being your best self. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that are uniquely Uber to support your health and wellbeing. These benefits have been designed with # OneUber in mind, supporting the whole you and the way that you work best.
- We provide our employees with monthly Uber credits to use against the full value of Eats & Rides (whichever applicable in your market) plus a 17% discount (excluding non-restaurant food deliveries) on orders through our App (which exists even when your credits expire).
- Family comes first, and our paid parental leave (minimum 18 weeks full pay with additional benefits or paid leave depending on your location) is accessible for all new parents from day 1 (with no tenure requirement). New parents at Uber will also receive access to Cleo, flexible return to work options, and additional Uber credits during their period of leave (because let's face it, who wants to cook with a little one around?)
- Reset, Refresh and Recharge: we have a generous paid leave policy, providing paid leave in addition to the statutory annual leave depending on your location (excluding certain roles in the CommOps org). Additional eligibility requirements apply.
- Personal health and wellbeing - depending on location, you can access a healthcare plan or reimbursement for a plan of your choice up to a nominated value. You will also receive a monthly wellbeing allowance to use throughout the year across a range of items including; gym / fitness memberships, mindfulness apps, fitness equipment, ski passes and more. We also provide Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) that connect you to resources & support.
- Uber has always been a flexible organisation and COVID has only amplified this. Our global policy is 50% of time in office, and employees can apply to be fully remote if you think that’s best for you. We also provide opportunities to work for one month a year in another Uber location. These opportunities are tailored to specific individuals, roles and teams, subject to applicable terms and conditions.
- When you are in the office, we have an amazing range of facilities accessible for all Uber employees. Our dedicated facilities teams host regular events and opportunities to connect, as well as arranging the food program; catered lunch / breakfast (location dependant) and you’ll find our kitchens fully stocked with a variety of healthy (& not so healthy) snacks & drinks.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We’ve grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company’s discretion.
\* Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada