Strategic Operations Manager, Regulatory Operations & Safety (Canada)
About the Team
The Regulatory Operations and Safety Team is responsible for enabling sustained business growth across Canada through ensuring rigorous regulatory compliance and building an industry-leading safety and standards program. In this role, you will own a variety of core business activities and critical projects to advance our mission in this area. You will need to balance a strategic mind and detail orientation, as well as a pragmatic approach to solving problems. You can expect to become versatile in operational fundamentals, and will have an immediate and meaningful impact on all of our markets in Canada.
Are you looking to shape the future of one of the most critical functions within Uber? Then this is an opportunity for you!
What You'll Do
- Conduct analyses and deliver strategic recommendations to senior management to drive business decisions
- Plan and execute projects of varying time horizons and scope with minimal guidance, requiring excellent stakeholder and project management skills
- Conduct core business activities and processes diligently and identify opportunities for improvements or innovation
- Work with cross-functional teams to configure and launch new safety features
- 2+ years of experience in roles which included project delivery, process optimization and implementation, stakeholder management, and data analysis
- Passion for improving user experience
- Outstanding teamwork, communication and organizational skills; experience managing & influencing senior stakeholders and collaborating cross-functionally
- Data-driven problem solving abilities, with a knack for turning data into meaningful insights that advise decisions
- Ability to thrive with ambiguity; high capacity to learn; willingness to experiment and iterate
- SQL skills with experience pulling and analyzing data
- French proficiency
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada