Strategic Operations Manager
You will be responsible for:
- Own some of our most strategic and cross functional strategic projects across Canada - your team will also be the lead for developing innovative initiatives across our business impacting both top and bottom line
- Execute on strategic projects identified by Canada and Global Leadership - past projects have included evaluating our fees to changing our business model in Canada by working with stakeholders across the business
- Managing relationships with cross-functional stakeholders, including Regional Operations, Product, Finance & International teams
What you'll do:
- Ownership: We expect you to own the strategic initiatives under you taking care of all aspects of their strategy and execution, such as launch/growth plans, processes, project management, performance management, relationship with cross-functional teams, and more.
- Growth: Growing our business requires a lot of dedication and an entrepreneur mentality. You will work closely across the org to build and launch initiatives, manage communications, do troubleshooting and improve processes
- Project and stakeholder management: Collaborate with Product, Regional Ops, S&P, Finance, Eats Canada Leadership & other stakeholders in order to reach the business goal for your initiatives
- Delivery: Own team/function outcomes, ensure delivery on KPIs, develop and manage relationships with relevant cross-functional stakeholders
- 3+ years of experience managing projects and/or teams related to Operations, Strategy and/or Growth
- Track record of delivering results in cross-functional, high-growth, and fast-paced environments
- Strong bias for action and comfort with ambiguity
- 5+ years of experience
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills
- SQL proficiency strongly preferred
- Experience in a high growth startup or strategy consulting group
- Bachelor's degree; MBA or Masters degree an asset, but not required
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada