Software Engineer, Sofia
About the Role
As a Software Engineer on Uber's Sofia Engineering team you will dig into the complex but rewarding world of money systems, real-time tax calculation, invoicing and reporting, all at extensive scale. Our work helps our partners be globally compliant and Uber be competitive in highly regulated and complex industries such as transportation, logistics, and food.
What You'll Do
- Contribute at a global level. Although we are based in Sofia, we work on integration for the overall, global Uber platform. Our systems support the entirety of Uber's tax and compliance worldwide.
- Lead scale & reliability. Our solutions support Uber's always-on marketplace. Maintaining this platform at scale requires constant investment in security, reliability and monitoring tooling.
- Innovate. Growth brings new complexity and new challenges every day.
What You'll Need
- Intimate knowledge of the entire web stack and how each piece impacts performance and reliability
- Advanced knowledge of at least one programming language, and of OOP patterns
- Dedication to quality, performance, and efficiency
- Experience in taking ownership
- Design and business insight
- Fluency in English and Bulgarian
- Some level of understanding of fault-tolerant systems and multi-datacenter / cloud architectures
- Experience with continuous integration & deployment
- Join one of the most exciting companies in the world and directly impact the way people experience their cities
- Work with a best-in-class engineering team, with plenty of opportunities for growth
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- Activity-based workspaces, with a variety of spaces to cultivate creativity, increase productivity and improve health and wellness.
- Parental leave and multiple additional parenting benefits
- Private Medical & Dental Insurance
- Daily meals in the office
- Wellness Benefits and gym allowance
- Monthly phone allowance
- Flexible working arrangements
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada