Sr. Business Analyst, Uber Advertising
About the Team
Uber Advertising's vision is to offer the most marketplace-centric advertising to connect Uber's platform users (eaters, riders, and earners) with advertisers. Uber Advertising's platform brings together location based and shopping data with closed loop attribution across its mobility and delivery channels for performance and brand campaigns, enabling advertisers to engage with our consumers through the entire marketing funnel - from awareness through purchase to loyalty and advocacy for Uber users.
At Uber, we have set up a new Uber Advertising division to spearhead the growth of its advertising business. By building a dedicated advertising organization and a suite of advertising products, Uber Advertising will enable merchants and brands to reach and convert its highly engaged user base across its Mobility and Delivery platforms in 32 markets.
About the Role
The Ads Measurement, Insights and Analysis (MIA) team within Uber, is looking for an analytical problem solver to drive the right insights to help customers focus their energy and attention on the most important strategic priorities. We work to identify the key opportunities to power improved business performance. We conjoin disparate data sets in an operational capacity to resolve areas where each group within sales can chip in to our broader goals.
We are looking to hire a Sr. Measurement, Insights & Analysis Analyst to focus on the Ads product globally. This role will facilitate and drive key insights for customers and support sales staff, and collaborate with internal partners to optimize our go-to-market strategy, increase overall product adoption and track to revenue targets. You will be responsible for driving strategic analysis of Omni-channel campaigns for some of the largest advertisers in the world. Leveraging your capacity to use tools like SQL, you will derive both tactical and strategic insights, and communicate them back both internally as externally.
What You'll Do
- Lead in running the interpretation, analytics reporting, and analysis for key insights & performance recommendations with Uber advertisers
- From strategy, planning, and campaign completion, you will deliver clarity to advertisers who are seeking causal insights and measurement impact
- Set clear objectives and measures. Monitor progress, productivity, hold internal partners accountable for delivering results. Drive business review cadence and develop reporting frameworks to facilitate alignment, learning and improvement, and accountability
- Create and lead client-facing analysis, including calls and in-person presentations, to drive data-driven standard processes, recommendations, and guidance for Uber's top advertisers
- Perform hands-on analysis and conduct in-depth investigations with the team, lead & implement end-to-end measurement projects, and make practical recommendations to the business
- Design, pilot, scale, and optimize programs with sales, partnership management, operations, and marketing teams to increase Ads adoption, growth, and retention
- Bring the voice of the customer and customer-facing representative feedback into the product organization to improve go-to-market strategies
- Establish clear frameworks and lead a metrics-based, transparent, and expansive process to develop, garner consensus, and resource a prioritized project roadmap to develop new and optimize existing acquisition channels and partnership programs
- Collaborate and closely partner with Sales, Operations, Product, Finance, Marketing, Data Science to ensure goal attainment for our Advertisers
- 4+ years' experience in sales operations, measurements and insights, consulting or data-driven operations
- Proven ability in integrated marketing strategy & analytics
- Demonstrated experience working independently to provide tailor-crafted reporting/analyses requests
- Experience in the languages of data manipulation (e.g., SQL) and in visualization
- Strong organizational skills
- Skilled ability communicating with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to build consensus with cross-functional partners
- Experience with customer acquisition, account management, and support processes, systems, and datasets
- Proven experience with media and marketing measurement, analytics, and reporting within an advertising agency/consulting.
- Demonstrated ability to speak to technical topics and metrics in an understandable manner.
- High Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with online advertising, targeting and measurement systems and methodologies (ad servers, DSPs, DMPs, etc.)
- Well-versed in advertising technology, including 3rd party ad-serving and tag management solutions and programmatic ad buying platform
- Ability to work through ambiguity and drive for clarity of direction
- Experience with A/B and multivariate test design and implementation and statistical concepts
- Experience in developing and communicating strategic, committed recommendations from sophisticated analytics efficiently and engagingly to an executive audience
- Experience with relationship building/management with internal stakeholders including Marketing, Product and Engineering
- Detail oriented with a focus on accuracy and process standardization using strong documentation. You lean in and embrace the details to map processes, clean data, and even review code!
- You are skilled at project and process management such that you can easily
- Balance urgent versus important requests, and you flourish with ambiguity
- Tableau proficiency
- Experience with Salesforce.com (SFDC) and other contact relationship management tools (CRM's) and datasets
For New York City-based roles: The salary range for this role is $117,000 per year - $130,000 per year. You will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award, commissions & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada