Staff Software Engineer - Ads Optimization
---- What the Candidate Will Do ----
Scale and optimize ads serving to unlock value for consumers, merchants and Uber.
---- Basic Qualifications ----
- Technical strength with 7+ years of experience developing and shipping code for production systems
- 5 years of experience in ads optimization, in one or more areas of relevance, budget pacing and bidding.
- Demonstrated examples of project leadership roles, delivering production-level features from inception, and promoting a high-quality culture amongst the team
- Deep system design skills. You know how to build highly-scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique exponential growth requirements.
- Demonstrated experience easily speaking to the operational aspects of monitoring, alerting, and structuring code for production-level debugging and optimization.
- You have a strong command of a backend stack (eg. Golang, Java, Node.js, Python, etc)
- Bias toward action. You believe that speed and quality aren't mutually exclusive. You've shown good judgment about shipping as fast as possible while ensuring your products and platforms are built in a sustainable, responsible way--and you're comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
- Ability to learn quickly on the go. We're looking for software engineers who thrive while learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to easily adapt to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly-evolving business environment.
---- What the Candidate Will Do ----
- Industry experience working on distributed systems: developing reliable, high performance, highly scalable and low latency software
- Demonstrable knowledge of the principles of fault-tolerance, reliability and durability.
- Ability to collaborate and influence across multiple levels of an organization
- Contribute to the wider software community through open source
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada