About the Role
As a US Claims Associate you will investigate, manage and submit claims for compensation that occur throughout the region in connection with the Uber app. You will also work in collaboration with our third-party insurance partners with a focus on prompt routing and escalation of claims. You will report to our Claims Lead in Phoenix, Arizona. Are you ready to Uber On?!
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life. We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected.
What You'll Do
- Investigate and submit new claims to insurance carriers by reviewing first reports of loss and supporting materials to properly identify insurance exposure and determine applicable insurance policy.
- Demonstrate critical thinking while adhering to established claims processes.
- Accurately respond to inquiries received from insurance carriers and other third parties.
- Demonstrates customer obsession when communicating with claimants, drivers, passengers, witnesses, etc.
- Ability to learn and apply claims policies and procedures.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to provide information in a clear and concise manner and to communicate with a variety of stakeholders.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain quality in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- High degree of adaptability to meet changing business needs.
- Proficient in multi-tasking through various technology platforms.
- Compromises when necessary in order to help the team achieve goals.
- Maintains balanced working relationships even in disagreement.
- 2 years or equivalent to First Notice of Loss(FNOL) or property damage experience.
- College degree preferred
- Claims designation obtained or in progress a plus
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada