Global Learning Design Program Leader; Community Operations
About the Role
At Uber, providing world-class support to our partners (riders, drivers and restaurants) is critical to our success. Building the capability of our support teams to consistently deliver elevated levels of service is challenging and complex - and incredibly satisfying!
We are looking for someone to lead our Global Learning Design team who will oversee an organization that is tasked with designing for multiple learning environments, regions and parts of the Uber business (Eats, Rides, Safety).
This multifaceted role requires strong program and people leadership skills, expert planning & organization, creativity and expertise in adult learning, storytelling, and UX Learning Design to support the organization in executing complex strategic global design projects.
What You’ll Do
This role will define and lead the global learning design strategy to drive efficient and effective learning solutions across our Center of Excellence, GreenLight and Vendor environments globally. This role will be responsible for creating all standard global processes for design and ensuring continued alignment amongst our organization.
- Define and drive the vision, strategy and key metrics (KPIs, SLAs) for your team in alignment with your region’s leadership teams and business needs
- You will be the accountable and responsible person for developing the organization, designers, and processes to provide design solutions for Global Community Operations L&D.
- You will be tasked with leading and creating all standard global processes for design and ensuring continued alignment amongst our organization.
- Be a disruptor and innovator in the field of Learning Design for the CommOps Global L&D organization
- Talented in looking at data-driven KPI's to inform Design decisions and strategy and using data to build the business case for design models/strategies
- Work closely with global L&D counterparts to align regional L&D strategy with global framework and initiatives
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders through thoughtful engagement, managing expectations and regular communications - also guiding your team to do this effectively in their roles
- Strong, confident communicator who is able to engage at all levels within the organization
- Lead the work to design and build effective, engaging and scalable learning solutions and create design frameworks that deliver on regional business needs.
- Guide the development of innovative learner experiences across a range of media and learning formats e.g. social/ on-the-job/ digital/ virtual instructor lead
- Drive conversations around design strategy and the direction L&D should be taking.
- Be the consultant with an expert opinion on best practices and practical ways to implement strategic vision
- Be a trusted partner and consultant to your regional business stakeholders to understand their requirements and define their L&D strategies
- In-depth experience in scoping business requirements and translating them into strategies for learning from a Design & technology perspective
- Work closely with functional teams (including training delivery, quality, content, program teams, etc) to provide expert L&D subject matter expertise on all aspects of the L&D Operating Model: from learning needs analysis and design through to deployment and evaluation of learning
- Apply strong project, change and communications management discipline to advise regional teams on feasibility of delivering their requirements; align on timeframes for execution; manage risks and timelines; and develop high-impact, tailored learning solutions.
- Drive continuous improvement through identifying problem areas/ opportunities through closed loop processes for gathering key data and insights
- Skilled at looking at the big picture and diving deep into the details to make informed decisions
- Build and manage a team of 10+ L&D professionals and invest in continuous development and upskilling to support career progression and growth
- Be an inspiring leader with deep insights into the personal motivations of their team members.
- Degree qualified in Learning design ; Education or other relevant fields (Masters preferred, Bachelors minimum)
- At least 10 years experience leading Global Design functions and teams; proven track record of leading teams of 5+ at a global level to deliver scalable learning solutions
- Strong project management skills with outstanding organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills, and proven ability to influence and drive consensus at senior levels
- Strategic thinking and ability to bring stakeholders across multiple geographies and functions together
- Ability to influence decision makers leveraging Design expertise
- Expertise in Adult Learning Theory and instructional design principles.
- Experience working in an agile (SAM) and/or waterfall (ADDIE) design environment.
- Master's degree in relevant field
- Deep expertise and experience in Learning Design
- Experience in content authoring, rapid design tools, UX, or visual/graphic design.
- Background/Experience in Camtasia, Vyond, Figma, Canva, etc.
- Experience in UX and visual/graphic design.
For Chicago, IL-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $162,000 per year - $180,000 per year.
For Dallas, TX-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $162,000 per year - $180,000 per year.
For New York, NY-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $180,000 per year - $200,000 per year.
For Phoenix, AZ-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $144,000 per year - $160,000 per year.
For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $180,000 per year - $200,000 per year.
For Washington, DC-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $180,000 per year - $200,000 per year.
For all US locations, you will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We’ve grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company’s discretion.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada