Program Manager, Mobility Legal, US East
The US & Canada Legal team is primarily focused on engaging with transportation network company regulators at the city and state level in the US and Canada. The work includes responding to regulators' inquiries, representing the company in enforcement actions brought by regulators, and counseling the business on a wide range of regulatory matters. We also provide critical legal and strategic input to Uber's ride sharing business by collaborating closely with other legal teams on litigation, employment, commercial, corporate, policy, and other issues that impact Uber's ride sharing operations in the U.S. and Canada.
About the Role
We're looking for outstanding legal professionals to join our US & Canada Legal Team, which provides legal advice and strategic counseling in all aspects of Uber's Rides operations. This is an opportunity for a paralegal to join an innovative and exciting tech company and gain hands-on experience with business clients and external collaborators.
What You'll Do
- Support the East regulatory team based in New York City, Chicago, and Washington DC
- Assist our legal team with research on local license requirements and city license applications
- Project manage, organize, and maintain responses to regulatory inquiries, requests for information, data requests, internal reviews, regulator investigations, and annual reports
- Copy edit and cite check public filings and comments
- Coordinate electronic filings with local regulators
- Assist with obtaining certifications needed for regulatory filings, applications, etc.
- Daily opportunities to help us resolve issues central to the Mobility business.
- 4+ years of paralegal experience in either big firm or in-house legal department
- B.A./B.S. or paralegal certificate
- Experience in researching statutes and/or regulations is essential
- Tech savvy
- Be a good communicator. You know how to communicate clearly in writing, and in speech.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away on, and solving problems.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
- Obsessive about the details. The Devil's in them, after all.
- Self-Motivated. You have hustle, superior organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks. You don't get easily overwhelmed.
For New York City-based roles: The salary range for this role is $117,000 per year - $130,000 per year. You will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award, commissions & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada