Senior Product Manager, Identity
About the Role
The identity team is seeking an experienced Product Manager to lead the Identity roadmaps for Uber. You will have the responsibility of defining fundamental components of our identity, access management and verification experiences for businesses and consumers at Uber.
The role demands a deep background in product management, leadership skills, ability to operate in a highly technical environment, do user research and work collaboratively across many stakeholders, and outstanding puzzle-solving and intuition!
What the Candidate Will Do
- Help build sophisticated identity solutions and scalable distributed systems and technologies to enable Uber to grow its business globally
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's mission and strategies, as well as the mission and objectives of various risk teams.
- Distill vision and strategy for the team while aligning and motivating members of cross-functional teams.
- Be exceptionally truth-seeking. Heavily apply data insights, market and customer research, and your product intuition to continually improve your products. Solicit and embrace critical feedback.
- Drive a cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning (roadmap), and design of entirely new Uber products and product features to deliver against team and company goals. Requires challenging all members of a cross-functional team (engineering, data science, analysts, operations, etc.) to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans.
- Monitor and measure launched products and feed findings back into the product development process.
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits, and results in a spectrum of audiences including executives, product teams, and other stakeholders across Uber.
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent in computer science or a quantitative domain plus hands-on software engineering and/or data science experience.
- Minimum of 3 years experience delivering highly successful products within a tech company.
- Track record of working cross functionally with engineering, analytics, and design teams, with solid examples of prioritizing.
- Experience in risk, identity, security or similar focus.
- MBA or equivalent business insight.
- Experience in Identity and access management, security, or similar focus.
- Strong technical proficiency and comfort in discussing technology concepts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a confirmed ability to influence.
- Demonstrated experience using data and analytical abilities to help solve problems and make decisions.
- Proven ability to develop deep customer empathy and articulate customer problems.
For New York City-based roles: The salary range for this role is $174,000 per year - $193,500 per year. You will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award, commissions & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada