About The Role
We have an outstanding opportunity for an inspirational leader to join the Core Technologies team that supports critical product areas including; Maps, AI, Cloud/Technical Infrastructure, Growth and Marketing, Identity and Customer Support focusing on our customer engagement technologies (performance marketing, CRM, support, etc.). If you're passionate about using your collaborative and creative thinking skills to solve big problems, come and join this team as we help the business build the technology that will power Uber's future growth.
The role will undertake product development counseling and commercial negotiations to include; licensing, consumer protection, AdTech and communications for our core technology teams.
This position can be based in any of our regional hubs - Washington, D.C., San Francisco, CA, Chicago, IL, Seattle, WA, Dallas, TX, New York, NY and will report to the Director, Core Technologies Legal based in San Francisco.
What You'll Do
- Strategic partner to Uber's Product and Engineering teams in addition to supporting a range of legal requests from Data Scientists, Technical Program Managers, Business Development and other teams as Uber builds its platforms and services.
- Act as a legal generalist while providing specialist support to clients and legal members in selected areas of expertise. You will provide legal support to your clients by resolving matters directly, working with your immediate team members and collaborating with members of the larger legal team.
- Ensure compliance with U.S. and international laws dealing with intellectual property, privacy, content regulation, consumer protection, AI, and automated decision making.
- Provide legal advice to teams from the initial stages of product development through launch.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional counterparts including; tax, policy, and communications to strategically advise.
- Provide proactive analysis of a wide range of sophisticated and strategic issues. It's our job to peer around corners for the business and ensure that we are well-positioned for the future.
- Be a strong communicator and collaborator to optimally support an impactful team with varied strengths, and outside counsel to achieve our legal and regulatory priorities.
- J.D. and license to practice law in at least one state.
- Minimum 5+ years of legal experience.
- Experience in the areas of software and data licensing, communications and marketing law, software and product counseling.
- Excellent business judgment, communication, and social skills (paired with a high level of emotional intelligence).
- Outstanding analytical and legal skills, mature judgment, innovative thinking and a desire to take the initiative and think two steps ahead.
- In-house experience at a growing tech company.
- Ability to translate sophisticated legal issues and ambiguity into clear and simple advice, to communicate optimally with cross-functional colleagues and to collaborate with a broad range of senior business managers, executives, and other colleagues across our company.
- Experience working on AI-powered products.
- Bonus points for a technical background and a willingness to get into the weeds with engineers and other clients!
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and influence, persuade and build consensus at a senior executive level along with thriving in high impact/high profile situations.
- Ability to think on your feet and make quick decisions.
- Embody the highest standards of integrity, ethics and accountability.
- Passion about Uber and our mission!
For New York City-based roles: The salary range for this role is $189,000 per year - $210,000 per year. You will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award, commissions & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada