Security Lead Mexico & ACAC
About the Role
We're looking for a new member of the Global Security team. The Security Lead Mexico & ACAC, will work closely with the Regional Security Manager, leading all aspects of the security of Uber's people, properties, and assets throughout the region. The Lead will work cross functionally with local and regional leadership to support and complete globally focused projects, and assist in the development and execution of all security processes and programs across the region.
What You'll Do
- Lead all aspects of the Physical Security of all staff and sites in cities across Mexico, the Andean Region, Central America, and the Caribbean
- Under the guidance of Regional Security Manager Mexico & ACAC, coordinate response and incident management to address threats towards company staff, properties, assets & operations.
- Handle all administrative and project management issues as well as ensure that operations are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner while leading and driving security operation reports
- Site security assessments, risk assessments and mitigation
- Implement the Physical Security strategy in your region in alignment with the business goals
- Implement processes and metrics - use data to make decisions
- Maintain positive relationships, effective communication and coordination across all regional business operations;
- Use your analytical experience to lead and assess large volumes of data, identifying security weaknesses including projects and ongoing reporting;
- Produce concise yet detailed reports for internal and external partners
- Management, selection, oversight of security guard vendors
- Articulate surges, spend rationalizations, handle costs
- Identifying training needs and delivering to personnel (risk based approach) Investigations of theft/support for ER/HR
- Training and Awareness for employees
- 5+ years of Corporate Security experience
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, plus the ability to perform under pressure
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills with an ability to tackle problems and make decisions.
- Proven track record to locate, process and synthesize large amounts of information quickly
- Ability to work in an "all hands on deck" environment, love finding creative solutions to sophisticated problems, and can move quickly and effectively to protect Uber's people, assets and reputation.
- Demonstrate excellent judgment, work well under pressure, prioritize effectively, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work collaboratively with partners across the globe
- Provide expertise as we work to help solve challenges that deliver significant business value.
- Must be the best ally in matters of integrity and diversity/ inclusion, and must demonstrate predisposition for these basic principles in labor and interpersonal relationships.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Proficiency in English and Spanish
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada