Sr. Sales & Account Manager
Whether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. Our Sales and Sales Operations teams are on the frontline introducing restaurant partners to Uber Eats and partnering with restaurants to grow our businesses together.
About the Role
The Uber Eats Central Territory team is looking for a Senior Sales & Account Manager to lead the strategic acquisition and ongoing growth and success of our top mid-market accounts.
This role is an extraordinary opportunity to develop your sales skills to expand the number of restaurants that work with us while driving our business growth by running our mid-market restaurant partners in the region!
We are looking for someone natural at selling, passionate about food and Uber, who enjoys negotiating to build and develop the best partnerships. A successful Senior Sales & Account Manager deeply understands our partners and builds positive relationships with them.
Although this is an individual contributor role, it will require a high level of leadership (influence and persuasion) and stakeholder management, both internally and externally, for driving impactful business results!
What You'll Do
- You'll have end-to-end accountability for leading commercial agreements with top mid-market partners and drive growth across priority business metrics such as revenue, profitability, active locations as well as key operational levers
- Use prospecting skills to build partnerships with the most meaningful restaurants in our market
- Run contract negotiations aimed at establishing the foundation of strong collaborations with our customers, including balanced economics for both parties
- Communicate the worth of Uber and its newest products to our potential partners
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly sales & growth goals
- Collaborate closely with departments such as operations, marketing, legal, and product to develop Joint Business Plans
- Be an internal and external partner with senior team members concerning the future of food delivery, restaurant partnerships, and eater acquisition
- Employ critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills to navigate complex relationships
- Build relationships with C-level executives and key decision makers within partner organizations
- Develop and execute partnership strategies to achieve monthly growth goals
- Develop business models and analyses with Sales Ops teams to understand trends, provide meaningful insights, and track the impact of initiatives against our goals
- Handle the big picture and the tiny details. You are well-organized and timely to ensure nothing gets missed; you are also attuned to high-level strategy and consistently come up with new ways contribute to existing partnerships
- Expand product adoption; communicate the value of our newest products with a lens of creativity to differentiate our offerings
- Drive initiatives; you'll lead and support key initiatives within our business teams to drive growth for our restaurant partners at scale. This involves wearing many hats and jumping in to help your teammates when the needs arise
- 5+ YOE in client facing; ideally, at executive levels, and have been accountable for achieving business targets or delivering a quota
- Track record of outperforming metrics-based on business goals and commitment among peers
- Commercial skills; understanding how businesses and organizations work and how to navigate a partner's business
- Excellent communication skills and the capacity to handle diverse collaborators across businesses and levels
- Excellent project management skills
- Analytical thinking and strategic perspective
- Experience leading conversations with executive-level external partners
- A track record of successfully leading and growing partnerships by upselling and building strong relationships with both internal and external teams
- Experience leading executive business reviews and independently translating top-line goals into impactful business plans, prioritizing initiatives that will drive value for the partnerships
- Previous experiences that prove your sense of ownership, a getting-things-done approach, and the ability to go from high-level business strategy to tactical execution
- Ability to flex analytical skills and use data to present opportunities and influence decision-makers
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Speed, resourcefulness, and a go-getter mentality. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and navigating ambiguity
- Experience working for the food delivery and/or third-party marketplaces at a high-growth tech company
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada