Engineering Manager, Uber Freight
About the Role
You will lead a team of dedicated software engineers to optimize and scale Uber Freight's market-leading dynamic pricing system. You will partner with product managers & applied scientists to bring algorithmic solutions to our users.
You will be leading an area of our overall product strategy, setting the pace for taking projects from concept to release. Working alongside the product, data, design and operations teams, you'll determine the best ways to balance margin and volume impacts. Finally, you'll join other technical leaders within engineering org to ensure that this platform scales as we rapidly grow our business and our team. A strong background in software engineering is necessary in this role, but a desire to understand the business, as well as a keen sense of self-awareness and highly developed EQ are equally valued.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
---- What the Candidate Will Do ----
- Collaborate with product and applied science teams to deliver top-of-the-funnel dynamic pricing products
- Manage multiple work-streams within the team
- Influence product roadmaps to support high-velocity business growth
---- Basic Qualifications ----
- Strong people skills but also deeply technical. There is no need to code, but you'll need to have a in-depth understanding of technical architecture, system design, and problem solving acuity to take on sophisticated technical challenges.
- Experience working in fast paced environments with dynamic product requirements.
- 3+ years of experience leading engineering teams through technical leads.
- 7+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
---- Preferred Qualifications ----
- Experience with top-of-funnel acquisition & logistics products
- Experience working with data science and other stakeholders to conduct experimentation and make data driven decisions
- Knowledge of machine learning decision systems is a big plus
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada