Sr Associate Strategic Finance - 9 months fixed term contract
#GreatMindsDon'tThinkAlike At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but a unique individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open culture that encourages all to voice their thoughts.
About The Team
The Finance team is at the forefront of decision-making when it comes to new investments and product launches at Uber. We sit at the center of the business, partnering with leadership to support our strategy of making life easier for our millions of users. We need to understand every area of the business and how it rolls into the P&L. We #SeeTheForestAndTheTrees by knowing the details that matter!
About The Role
In this role, you will join our Rides Strategic Finance team for North Asia (Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan & South Korea). You will partner across Central Operations, City Operations, Strategy & Planning, and our Global Strategic Finance team.
With outstanding transparency the regional business and across product teams/verticals, you will have insights others might not be able to make. In this position, you would be a key partner in budgeting, optimization and performance tracking to accomplish our financial and operational goals.
Day to Day: support strategy definition and build an extensive modeling and tracking process for top line growth. Drive alignment, track / present on programs / synergy realization progress to senior leadership!
Your Impact in Role:
- Active Rider planning and analysis: work closely with the Central Operations team to develop Active Rider forecasts and goals, apply business judgment and financial insight to help with decision making.
- Membership planning and analysis: work closely with the Membership StratFin team and develop investment forecasts, size BD deals & Uber One pass features, and ensure investments align with our profitability targets.
- Think strategically and implement: the models we build to aid in decision making and strategy - we operationalize our insights and support day-to-day execution.
- Innovate: we will push the boundaries beyond traditional forecasting. Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical abilities
The Experience You'll Bring:
- BS/BA /MS/MA in Finance, Business, Economics
- Investment Banking, Corporate finance, Corporate Development/M&A, operational FP&A or Chief of Staff role at either a high-growth company or a large, well-established organization
- Excellent communication and people skills: numbers are key, but a business is built with people
- Experience in high-growth operations strongly preferredSophisticated financial modeling: build models from scratch, improve existing models, and assemble business reality/dynamics and interactions into comprehensive models and demonstrate those to assess trade-offs, propose solutions and drive better decision making
What's in it for you?
Uber's culture and values are at the core of everything we do, so that our employees can better understand who we are and what it's like to work at Uber today.
We pride ourselves on the amazing team we've built. The driver behind all of our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology we bring to life is the people that make Uber, #OneUber.
Doing your best work means being your best self. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that are uniquely Uber to support your health and wellbeing. These benefits have been designed with #OneUber in mind, supporting the whole you and the way that you work best.
- We provide our employees with monthly Uber credits to use against the full value of Eats, Rides and Grocery (whichever applicable in your market) plus discount on orders through our App (which exists even when your credits expire).
- Family comes first, and our paid parental leave (minimum 18 weeks full pay with additional benefits or paid leave depending on your location) is accessible for all new parents from day 1 (with no tenure requirement). New parents at Uber will also receive access to Cleo, flexible return to work options, and additional Uber credits during their period of leave (because let's face it, who wants to cook with a little one around?)
- Reset, Refresh and Recharge: we have a generous paid leave policy, providing paid leave in addition to the statutory annual leave depending on your location (excluding certain roles in the CommOps org). Additional eligibility requirements apply.
- Personal health and wellbeing - depending on location, you can access a healthcare plan or reimbursement for a plan of your choice up to a nominated value. You will also receive a monthly wellbeing allowance to use throughout the year across a range of items including; gym / fitness memberships, mindfulness apps, fitness equipment, ski passes and more. We also provide Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) that connect you to resources & support.
- Uber has always been a flexible organisation and COVID has only amplified this. Our global policy is 50% of time in office, and employees can apply to be fully remote if you think that's best for you. We also provide opportunities to work for one month a year in another Uber location. These opportunities are tailored to specific individuals, roles and teams, subject to applicable terms and conditions.
- When you are in the office, we have an amazing range of facilities accessible for all Uber employees. Our dedicated facilities teams host regular events and opportunities to connect, as well as arranging the food program; catered lunch / breakfast (location dependant) and you'll find our kitchens fully stocked with a variety of healthy (& not so healthy) snacks & drinks.
The benefits mentioned here, to the extent they are in addition to those minimum statutory requirements, are provided at Uber's sole discretion and are subject to change in the future. Terms and conditions may apply to each benefit.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada