Senior Engineering Manager, Uber Eats Catalog Platform
About the Role
Whether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. The Eats Engineering team in Denmark is responsible for building the product catalog and inventory system that powers the Uber Eats experience and related verticals, such as groceries. This is one of the foundational components of the Eats architecture, as it interfaces with merchants, powers our local graph, and serves recommendations to our customers. The system is designed to be highly-available and highly-scalable to support our global operation.
As a Senior Engineering Manager you will act as a Charter Lead for Uber Eats teams in Denmark. By significantly contributing and shaping the vision of these teams you will help accelerate and scale the product as Uber continues to invest and grow in different markets.
What You'll Do
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to determine product roadmap that aligns with the broader company vision
- Be responsible for roadmap execution and delivery of projects with high quality
- Grow, coach, and develop software engineering teams based in (but not limited to) EMEA
- Recruit high-quality engineering talent for the team
- Help define the engineering culture and uphold the processes that will shape the future of the team
- Help define the future of local commerce as Eats expands beyond food delivery.
- 6+ years experience minimum with direct people management, including growing and mentoring junior and senior engineers
- 2+ years experience in managing Engineering Managers
- Experience leading international team
- Customer-focused and experience working on a product team, shipping products to end-users.
- Experience across the full tech stack (backend / mobile / frontend)
- Experience designing, building and launching mobile and/or web applications
- Experience in building large-scale distributed systems
- Experience in integration with third-party APIs and develop high-quality external APIs
- Proficient with AB testing and experimentation.
- Have proven track record working across an organization not just across teams.
Explore our Global Benefits on www.uber.com/dk/en/careers/internationalbenefits/ or feel free to connect with our team to learn more about the full benefits for this location.
Also be sure to check out our Engineering Blog on eng.uber.com.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada