Airport Strategy & Operations Manager
#GreatMindsDon'tThinkAlike At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but an outstanding individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open environment that encourages all to voice their thoughts!
About The Team
At ANZ Mobility, you'll get to work on challenging problems that require deep critical thinking to deliver for our customers and make magic in the Uber marketplace. Your work will alter customers here and globally. It could involve building a strategy for targeting high value customers, building a more balanced future for mobility, to discovering the best way to increase rider engagement through our membership program. This isn't about cutting and pasting from a playbook, it's about writing the playbook!
About The Role
The Travel & Partnerships team is growing Uber as the ground transport mode of choice for travelers in Australia and New Zealand. The goal is to deliver customers a detailed travel experience, targeting to boost airport trip growth, and being reliable when customers need it most. We're looking for someone who enjoys a diverse and hybrid role where they can work on high profile growth initiatives like new airport partnerships, get deep into the details of the airport marketplaces and then launch new features for our riders.
Your Impact in Role:
- Overall responsibility for improving the experience of drivers and riders at airports throughout ANZ.
- Analyze key marketplace health metrics and devise strategy and implement tactical plans to increase reliability for taking an Uber from airports.
- Partner with our Global Travel product and operations team to launch new products that support travel and reliable experiences, increase conversion and reduce customer wait times.
- Craft and implement launching new on the ground experiences within the region collaborating closely with external customers and navigating team member management.
The Experience You'll Bring:
- Experience in operational and analytical experience gained with a tech company, management consulting, finance, or consumer growth experience in a fast-paced environment
- Analytics - experience looking after complex data sets using excel/google sheets (SQL a plus but not required), deriving insights, checking against what you see in the real world and synthesising recommendations
- Project ownership and delivery - strong experience to work closely with cross-functional teams, lead customers in a rapid growth environment, and coordinate, plan and prioritise tasks across multiple projects
- Eye for business - shown knowledge of industry trends, competition, standard processes, and other factors that affect profitability and business success
What's in it for you?
Uber's culture and values are at the core of everything we do, so that our employees can better understand who we are and what it's like to work at Uber today.
We pride ourselves on the amazing team we've built. The driver behind all of our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology we bring to life is the people that make Uber, #OneUber.
Doing your best work means being your best self. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that are uniquely Uber to support your health and wellbeing. These benefits have been designed with #OneUber in mind, supporting the whole you and the way that you work best.
- We provide our employees with monthly Uber credits to use against the full value of Eats & Rides (whichever applicable in your market) plus a 17% discount (excluding non-restaurant food deliveries) on orders through our App (which exists even when your credits expire).
- Family comes first, and our paid parental leave (minimum 18 weeks full pay with additional benefits or paid leave depending on your location) is accessible for all new parents from day 1 (with no tenure requirement). New parents at Uber will also receive access to Cleo, flexible return to work options, and additional Uber credits during their period of leave (because let's face it, who wants to cook with a little one around?)
- Reset, Refresh and Recharge: we have a generous paid leave policy, providing paid leave in addition to the statutory annual leave depending on your location (excluding certain roles in the CommOps org). Additional eligibility requirements apply.
- Personal health and wellbeing - depending on location, you can access a healthcare plan or reimbursement for a plan of your choice up to a nominated value. You will also receive a monthly wellbeing allowance to use throughout the year across a range of items including; gym / fitness memberships, mindfulness apps, fitness equipment, ski passes and more. We also provide Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) that connect you to resources & support.
- Uber has always been a flexible organisation and COVID has only amplified this. Our global policy is 50% of time in office, and employees can apply to be fully remote if you think that's best for you. We also provide opportunities to work for one month a year in another Uber location. These opportunities are tailored to specific individuals, roles and teams, subject to applicable terms and conditions.
- When you are in the office, we have an amazing range of facilities accessible for all Uber employees. Our dedicated facilities teams host regular events and opportunities to connect, as well as arranging the food program; catered lunch / breakfast (location dependant) and you'll find our kitchens fully stocked with a variety of healthy (& not so healthy) snacks & drinks.
The benefits mentioned here, to the extent they are in addition to those minimum statutory requirements, are provided at Uber's sole discretion and are subject to change in the future. Terms and conditions may apply to each benefit.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada