Sr Business Development Associate, Vehicle and Fleet Product Partnerships
About the Role
Uber is looking for a Senior Business Development Associate to join our team. Successful candidates will bring a dynamic combination of IQ and EQ, an ability to think strategically and implement tactically, and strong interpersonal skills to enhance value in partnership negotiations.
The Business Development team plays a key role in driving partnerships to build vehicle access and driver engagement. The Earner and Vehicle BD team is responsible for Uber's highest impact supply-oriented partnerships, including Earner Loyalty, Sustainability/EVs, New Verticals, and Strategic Fleet partnerships. This person will lead key partnerships across the supply side of Uber's marketplace with an initial focus on strategic fleet and taxi partners. You will have a significant impact in formulating our global approach to vehicle and driver engagement partnerships and implementing a vision to provide access/enhancement to income opportunities to millions of drivers.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and are comfortable with both building strategy and driving execution, this role is for you.
What You'll Do:
- Negotiate industry-first partnerships that reward the valuable contributions made by millions of drivers on the Uber platform
- Collaborate with product and operations leadership to formulate strategy and identify how to drive extraordinary impact to business priorities through landing strategic partnerships to improve driver growth and engagement
- Lead business planning with key internal partners across product, legal, operations etc.
- Prepare and deliver business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress in the vehicles and earners vertical
- Lead the development of long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with senior executives of current and prospective partners
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 3 years of experience
- MBA preferred
- Around 4-7 years of demonstrated ability in business development with exposure to the tech industry, mobility industry, management consulting, investment banking, private equity
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to combine business, strategy, finance, and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals
- Experienced in cultivating, negotiating, and growing business partnerships
- Strong interpersonal skills that allow you to build trust and negotiate hard with partners, and adeptly lead the cross-functional coordination (product, local operations, engineering, finance, legal) required to implement deals
- Adaptability to change within a fast-paced corporate environment
- Experience working across multiple global markets at leading tech companies
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada