Sr. Risk Manager, Insurance Product & Strategy
About the Role
We're disrupting the transportation space, reinventing insurance protection, and growing in the U.S. and around the world! Insurance is a uniquely strategic function at Uber and this is a very different role than traditional corporate risk manager roles. You get to work with sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun and fast-paced office environment. While working with the insurance industry to create some of the most complex and innovative insurance products on the market today. We have in-house actuaries, data scientists, legal and safety experts, insurance attorneys, engineers, technical underwriters, product development resources, and a Rolodex unmatched across the sharing economy.
What You'll Do
- Be part of a team that is responsible for the day-to-day management and strategic direction of Uber’s insurance programs in US & Canada, as well as global corporate insurance placements.
- Partner with internal leaders to manage Uber’s total cost of risk through insurance renewals, safety initiatives, and external partnerships
- Be a key contributor to Uber’s operational strategy, ensuring insurance is integrated with business priorities
- Quarterback various renewal processes including setting the strategy with input from and collaboration with key stakeholders including legal, actuarial, finance, accounting, and operational business leaders.
- Establish and maintain insurance carrier and broker relationships
- Bachelor's degree preferably in the field of Risk Management, Insurance, Finance, or related field.
- Minimum 7 years of Insurance industry or related experience.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of business insurance lines, insurance policy forms and wordings, insurance market dynamics, and conditions.
- Strong project management skills, able to manage competing priorities, and ability to own and drive projects to completion.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work effectively and collaboratively within team settings and build partnerships both internal and external.
- Insurance certification(s) ARM, CPCU, CRM or Master's degree in related field
- Demonstrated track record and expertise in corporate risk management or auto-liability insurance product development and strategy
- Well-established insurance carrier relationships and exposure to a range of disciplines including underwriting, placement, product design, business development, compliance, regulation, finance, accounting, actuarial, and/or claims
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills with the ability to effectively present to all levels of management and external audiences including brokerage and insurance market partners.
- Past successes creating immediate credibility as an extremely capable business expert.
For New York, NY-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $203,000 per year - $225,500 per year.
For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $203,000 per year - $225,500 per year.
For all US locations, you will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We’ve grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company’s discretion.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada