Partner Development Manager
Partner Development Manager, Uber Direct
#GreatMindsDon'tThinkAlike At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but a unique individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open culture that encourages all to voice their thoughts.
About The Team
Uber has recently launched Uber Direct, a last-mile, on-demand, delivery service for business customers. The last-mile delivery market is estimated to be worth upwards of $7.5b AUD in Australia, with rapidly increasing consumer preference for on-demand services. Uber Direct has the potential to support on-demand delivery across a range of customer verticals - restaurants, supermarkets, non-food retailers, and many more use cases yet to be discovered.
About The Role
You will build the third party ecosystem around Uber Direct for restaurants in Australia and New Zealand. You will lead local partnerships with online ordering, middleware, and POS platforms, and work closely with our global business development team on international accounts. We will look to your deep experience managing e-commerce channel partnerships, strategic thinking, and operational excellence to build our restaurant partner program from the ground up.
Your Impact in Role:
- You will build the third party ecosystem around Uber Direct in Australia and New Zealand through partnerships with online ordering, middleware, and POS platforms that power restaurants' own channels.
- Own the go to market and commercial strategy for these third party partners - pricing, commercial, and integration terms
- Identify, prioritize, and close enabling partnerships for restaurants who want to utilize Uber Direct in Australia and New Zealand
- Partner with global business development and product teams to launch global partnerships in Australia and New Zealand
The Experience You'll Bring:
- A proven track record: Significant experience in sales, account management, business management, or operations experience in a dynamic environment, including experience managing channel partnerships, partner ecosystems, or alliances, preferably in the SaaS/technology sector
- Strategic and business acumen. You will be a highly strategic thinker, with experience designing creative commercial structures that create shared value
- Ability to build meaningful relationships quickly, and be self-sufficient acquiring and managing a range of partners, you should also be comfortable getting deep in the technical details.
What's in it for you?
Uber's culture and values are at the core of everything we do, so that our employees can better understand who we are and what it's like to work at Uber today.
We pride ourselves on the amazing team we've built. The driver behind all of our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology we bring to life is the people that make Uber, #OneUber.
Doing your best work means being your best self. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that are uniquely Uber to support your health and wellbeing. These benefits have been designed with #OneUber in mind, supporting the whole you and the way that you work best.
- We provide our employees with monthly Uber credits to use against the full value of Eats & Rides (whichever applicable in your market) plus a 17% discount (excluding non-restaurant food deliveries) on orders through our App (which exists even when your credits expire).
- Family comes first, and our paid parental leave (minimum 18 weeks full pay with additional benefits or paid leave depending on your location) is accessible for all new parents from day 1 (with no tenure requirement). New parents at Uber will also receive access to Cleo, flexible return to work options, and additional Uber credits during their period of leave (because let's face it, who wants to cook with a little one around?)
- Reset, Refresh and Recharge: we have a generous paid leave policy, providing paid leave in addition to the statutory annual leave depending on your location (excluding certain roles in the CommOps org). Additional eligibility requirements apply.
- Personal health and wellbeing - depending on location, you can access a healthcare plan or reimbursement for a plan of your choice up to a nominated value. You will also receive a monthly wellbeing allowance to use throughout the year across a range of items including; gym / fitness memberships, mindfulness apps, fitness equipment, ski passes and more. We also provide Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) that connect you to resources & support.
- Uber has always been a flexible organisation and COVID has only amplified this. Our global policy is 50% of time in office, and employees can apply to be fully remote if you think that's best for you. We also provide opportunities to work for one month a year in another Uber location. These opportunities are tailored to specific individuals, roles and teams, subject to applicable terms and conditions.
- When you are in the office, we have an amazing range of facilities accessible for all Uber employees. Our dedicated facilities teams host regular events and opportunities to connect, as well as arranging the food program; catered lunch / breakfast (location dependant) and you'll find our kitchens fully stocked with a variety of healthy (& not so healthy) snacks & drinks.
The benefits mentioned here, to the extent they are in addition to those minimum statutory requirements, are provided at Uber's sole discretion and are subject to change in the future. Terms and conditions may apply to each benefit.
Unsure if this role is the right fit for you?
We encourage you to review the details of the job role and imagine how you can impact not only our organization but the world using your unique talents. We reimagine the way the world moves for the better. Even if you do not fit all of the criteria for the role, we welcome you to apply to explore opportunities within Uber.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada