Senior Revenue Accountant - Technical, Product Strategy
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Accounting team builds scalable, controlled processes and products for Global Accounting, Treasury, and FinTech that enable our business to operate efficiently.
About the Role
The Technical, Product & Strategy (TPS) team is responsible for revenue recognition across all of Uber's products, including mobility, delivery, freight and payments. You will work with cross-functional stakeholders in strategic finance, tax, legal, business development, corporate development, product, operations, and accounting to help shape new product offerings, evaluate new growth campaigns, and function as a key point of contact for all revenue accounting considerations in your area of focus. You will also partner with the revenue operations team to enable the policies drafted by the team to be recorded accurately within our revenue reporting systems.
What You'll Do
- Evaluate new products, feature updates, growth campaigns, and cross platform initiatives to determine their revenue impacts and document relevant accounting conclusions
- Partner across multiple cross-functional teams on new products, product feature updates, M&A and business development proposals to assess revenue accounting requirements
- Draft accounting policies and mock-ups of journal entries to provide collaborators an indication of how new proposals will impact the financial statements
- Critically and thoroughly analyze non-recurring transactions by properly identifying the accounting implications of various explicit terms and implied nuances, applying appropriate accounting rules and literature and exercising judgment in subjective areas to draw reasonable and acceptable conclusions
- Perform and enhance existing internal controls on a quarterly and annual basis
- Support revenue team on ad-hoc analysis and projects
- BA / BS
- 3+ Years of Relevant Experience
- Excellent technical, analytical, communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Experience advising and influencing teams outside of the core functions of your role
- Experience working in a multinational, high tech and high volume organization
- Experience with process improvement and SOX compliance
- CPA or equivalent
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada