Sr Strategy & Planning Associate, Uber Eats - EMEA
About the Role
The Strategy & Planning team in EMEA is responsible for crafting long-term business strategy, incubating innovation, owning business intelligence & reporting as well as understanding the competitive landscape across 14 countries in the region.
We are looking for a Sr S&P Associate to join the Strategy Vertical of the EMEA team to drive insights into the competitive landscape within EMEA and help the Leadership Team shape strategies and competitive responses in key markets by using analytics tools and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
We're looking for someone with the ability to analyze complex datasets and macro trends, synthesize findings into actionable insights, collaborate and build alignment, and the strategic and creative thinking vital to drive effective solutions.
What You'll Do
- Work in a small team and get involved in the full lifecycle of competitive data at Uber Eats:
Competitive data acquisition: Planning and prioritization, Data management (data ingestion and quality assurance, transformation, and accessibility in Uber databases)
- Competitive data enablement: Merchant selection intelligence, Category position modeling, Tactical sales strategy, etc.
- Support UberEats leadership and regional teams by modeling competition trends and providing strategic insights into the competitive landscape
- Translate ambiguous questions, drive analysis and synthesize findings into clear recommendations to leadership and regional teams
- Work with cross-functional, global partners to gain alignment on key competition insights and metrics
- Build tools for competition tracking, improve and implement competition intelligence to manage large data sets
- Develop frameworks to shape Uber Eats' thinking around competition
- Build UberEats competition data infrastructure worldwide (build complex end-to-end pipelines)
- Design, implement and deploy end-to-end data flow for high-priority business KPIs
What You'll Need
- 4+ years of full-time experience in a data analytical role (data consulting, business intelligence, analytics, data engineering)
- Bachelor's degree from a top university (preferably in a quantitative field such as Maths, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Economics, or Computer Science)
- Advanced SQL and Excel/Google Sheets skills
- Business Insight: Understanding and being fully aware of how our business operates and how it makes money and sustains profitable growth, now and in the future
- Communication: Using communication skills and situational awareness to clearly deliver information to a variety of audiences
- Planning and Organization: Setting up and maintaining systems to appropriately structure and keep track of tasks and projects
- Problem Solving: Effectively resolving issues that involve people, things, and processes by using logic and common sense
- Partner Management: Taking time to build helpful relationships; earning the trust of others within the organization through strong situational awareness and reliability
- Teamwork: Demonstrates optimism, respects others and works well in a team
- Working experience in the competitive intelligence field or the online food delivery industry is a big plus
- Strong analytical skills (Phyton is a big plus)
- Understanding the difference between queries that work and performant queries (Hive, Presto) is preferred
- Experience connecting to external data sources (AWS S3, GCS)
- Comfortable implementing ETL pipelines (e.g. Spark, Airflow)
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada