Staff Technical Program Manager - Maps
About the Role
The Uber Technical Program Management (TPM) team plays a critical role in executing high-impact company-wide initiatives and continuously improving processes to increase the efficiency of our product and engineering organizations!
TPMs move fluidly from the big picture to details so that the team can deliver sophisticated and strategic cross-functional projects, often with tight deadlines. You are a bridge and a connector for the company, thrive in a dynamic work environment and are able to balance and prioritize multiple projects with ease. You are intuitive, focused, driven, organized, insightful and productive. You break through communication issues and optimally develop relationships with partners at all levels of the organization. You build trust across the organization. You are not afraid to be direct, but you act with compassion and integrity!
This vital TPM work involves the following:
- Lead complex and large scale cross-team, cross-functional initiatives. Collaborate with engineering managers and engineers to estimate work efforts, define milestones and handle resources. Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate and mitigate risks and communicate status to upper management and project partners. Engage and energize the project teams to achieve ambitious goals.
- Proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress. Identify communication gaps, handle issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing challenging priorities.
- Understand technical implementation at the architecture level and propose technical alternatives when necessary. Ask questions that clarify priorities and push the team to be highly effective. Develop broad domain and technical knowledge.
- Help lead the cross-functional planning and business planning process, leading conversations with key partners to develop concepts for critical initiatives, and developing those into detailed program/project plans (including roadmaps, funding planning, resource planning, and hiring goals).
- Identify and implement continuous improvements to the engineering organization and the program management process. Share program/project process frameworks, tools, and standard methodologies that can be adopted throughout the organization. Improve product development and delivery. Mentor project management skills within our engineering leadership team.
- Minimum of 7 years proven experience as a Technical Program Manager or Engineering Manager in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment.
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges, and risks.
- Ability to absorb complex and new products and programs and being able to drive programs in ambiguous situations.
- Understanding of Maps software stack and providers and familiarity with one of the Maps platforms is a plus.
- Familiar with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and able to apply them were best suited.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and outstanding emotional intelligence.
- Ability to build trusting relationships and empower people across a broad variety of job functions.
- Strong organizational skills to lead multiple, challenging priorities simultaneously, without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Strong technical, analytical, and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive decisions.
"For Colorado-based applicants: Please refer to this role in our careers page for more details on your total compensation and benefits package. You can get there by clicking 'apply' if you're not already on our careers site. #LI-Remote"
For Colorado-based roles: The salary/hourly rate range for this role is $215,000 per year - $239,000 per year. You will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award, commissions, & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada