In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Accounting team builds scalable, controlled processes and products for Global Accounting, Treasury, and FinTech that enable our business to operate efficiently.
About the Role
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for month-end close and related SOX. In this challenging role, you will continue to refine the close processes with automation solutions and partnering with the offshore accounting team. You will work cross-functionally with Finance teams, Fintech team, and the Financial Risk Management team. This individual will also lead improvement initiatives within the accounting department. Seeking an open-minded, driven and technically sound individual to challenge the status quo and is passionate about process improvement. This role requires excellent communication, organization, and ability to manage and work with a cross-functional team.
What You'll Do
- Manage a team to complete month-end close for various General Ledger functions, including review of journal entries, account reconciliations, analysis of results, and close reporting packages.
- Manage outsourced operational activities, including service level agreements, and find opportunities to outsource activities or processes to our third-party service provider
- Partner with FP&A and business partners to generate, record, reconcile, and maintain accrual balances and monthly budget versus actual analysis
- Manage, lead, or assist with various special accounting projects, including the design and implementation of key financial systems, internal controls, M&A integrations, process efficiency, global close efficiency, audit readiness, and management reporting
- Coordinate with regional compliance teams on statutory reporting and IFRS related matters
- Ensure the account balances are reflected appropriately and according to the Uber accounting policies and procedures.
- Perform various analyses for total company and segment results for designated lines of business (trend analysis, fluctuation analysis), ensuring balances within Oracle and HFM are accurate.
- Coach and develop team to drive more accurate and efficient close processes.
- Ensure strong and effective internal control environment.
- Support audit requirements for both internal/external.
- Recommend to management updates to accounting policies that can be applied across multiple business groups.
- Lead resolution on open accounting problems across the business and take initiative to address them.
- At least 6 years of operational accounting experience in a public accounting and/or private organization.
- Solid understanding accounting under US GAAP.
- Big 4 experience or relevant technology organization experience.
- CPA certification is a plus.
- Excellent technical, analytical, and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to thrive in a changing environment and be able to work with senior management to influence decision making, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Solid knowledge of accounting policies/procedures and financial statements
- Ability to independently resolve complex problems where analysis requires the in-depth evaluation of numerous factors
- Experience with Oracle or other large scale ERP is preferred
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines is required
- Experience implementing or operating in a SOX effective environment
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion