Sr. Learning Delivery Team Lead
About the Role
Our Community Operations Managers and Community Support Teams are built upon the foundation that is laid during the learning and onboarding time. CommOps is all about process efficiency, and as an L&D Delivery Team Lead, you would be ensuring that these teams of rockstars are able to continuously provide world class support to everyone involved in the Uber experience. This role is about building a solid foundation for our COE and BPO Learning programs, scaling it beyond what is today, and pre-empting what it will need to be tomorrow.
Work alongside our Community Operations Leadership team and own the action plans and initiatives for Learning Delivery programs for APAC. This multifaceted role requires quick thinking and proficiency in leading a team of Learning specialists, responsibilities include:
- Develop and own the tactical Learning Delivery execution in your geo by understanding its needs, setting department goals and empowering your team to create and execute on established lead measures.
- Partner w/ the APAC L&D Instructional Design Team to develop, and maintain new and existing learning programs for the COE and partner BPOs.
- Partner w/ BPO L&D Leads on execution of learning programs, standardization of delivery and continuously improving BPO learner experience.
- Lead and support a team of APAC L&D Learning Delivery Specialists to drive KPI performance in thru effective implementation and execution of training programs.
- Build business intelligence around Training KPIs; consistently track and analyze the impact and quality of learning experience to agent performance.
- Use Industry Standard L&D best practices to continuously improve APAC's L&D program.
What You'll Do
- Learning and Development Initiatives: Periodically evaluate APAC learning needs and develop learning delivery initiatives for your assigned geo.
- People Development: Look after the development of Learning Delivery Specialists/Sr. Learning Delivery Specialists on training implementation and Uber Manager Qualities thru coaching, mentoring and formal training programs.
- Department Engagement: Frequently motivate, engage and recognize efforts of the Learning Delivery Team thru an established engagement and R&R program.
- APAC L&D Delivery Program Owner: Partner with APAC L&D Instructional Design Team, COE Operations, Cx, VMs and other xFN teams to understand learning needs and implement learning programs to fulfil these needs.
- BPO Learning Program Partner: Partner with BPO L&D Delivery Lead to support partner BPO Learning Delivery execution of Uber regional and global L&D programs and ensure standardized and quality delivery.
- Business Intelligence: Develop process for tracking and monitoring training performance and insights to drive Nesting and 0-30 day performance and attrition.
- Process Implementation and Change Management: Effectively execute and communicate training processes and changes to ensure understanding and compliance.
- Thought Partnership: Build and consistently maintain relationships with Operations, BPOs and regional stakeholders (RCOs) and provide insights for improvement
- Project Management: Support & sponsor proposed L&D initiatives and experiments to improve training for the APAC L&D and its lines of business.
What You'll Need
- Experience: 1-2 Minimum Years of Experience with Learning and Development and 2-4 years of operations management/general management/ support experience
- Learning and Development: Learning and Development tactical action planning and operational execution
- People Management and Leadership Experience: Managing 3 or more trainers/senior trainers
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution: We need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Clear communicator: You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key takeaways, and disseminate actionable insights
- Explorer: The ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must!
- A high bar across the board: From your own contributions, to the people you work with, to the products you work on. Always playing to win.
- Flexibility: Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop action plans and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Stakeholder Management: Ability to build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships
- Language requirements: Fluent in both Japanese and English
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada