Regional Fraud and Investigations Manager, (Internal Audit)
About the Role
As part of the Internal Auditing function, where Internal Audit is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity crafted to make valuable contributions and improve an organization's operations, Fraud Risk and Investigation strives to protect Uber's resources by auditing the management of fraud risk and investigating fraud, corruption and misconduct in the workplace. We're also responsible for independently and objectively assessing the fraud risk profile of the company globally and supporting management in developing and improving anti-fraud activities to keep pace with the growth of the company.
We need a new member of our team, who'll own collaborator relationships within a subset of those charged with fraud prevention, detection and correction across geographical areas and LOBs; you'll maintain effective partnerships, and has expertise and contribution over fraud risks within their specific area.
What You'll Do
- Perform advanced-level fraud risk oversight and investigation work.
- Provide input to developing and maintaining an objective view of the fraud risk profile of the Company.
- Maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards, and ensures Internal Audit activities are carried out in compliance with The IIA's International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and Internal Audit investigations are conducted in conformance with the CFE Code of Professional Conduct and the Company's Internal Investigations Protocol.
- Works independently on their own project(s) and area(s) of expertise and can flex to other areas with supervision.
- Demonstrates very effective results leadership and self leadership, and increased effectiveness and growth potential in people and thought leadership
- Identifies improvement opportunities and participates in the continuous enhancement of Internal Audit processes
- Delivers projects on time, on budget and at optimal quality; this includes ongoing quality control over the work performed and project documentation and results
- Conducts Internal Audit investigations to ensure timeliness, conformance with protocols, and ongoing quality control over the investigation steps performed, supporting documentation and analysis, and reporting.
- Ensures effective and timely communication throughout all stages of the project or investigation, from planning to reporting
- Leads effective, efficient and quality execution of Internal Audit projects or investigations, including planning, resourcing, design and performance of worksteps, and the use of appropriate methodology, tools and techniques
- Ensures effective monitoring of management remediation plans and execution
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers
- Represents Internal Audit on organizational project teams and at management meetings
What You'll Need
- 5+ years in investigations, internal audit, risks and controls roles in related technical domains, including 2+ years with managerial responsibilities
- Team management experience
- Experience in developing and maintaining Fraud Risk Assessments
- Track record in assessing fraud risk management programs (e.g., Bribery and Corruption, Ethics and Compliance, etc.) or processes in order to reduce fraud risk
- Ability to quickly learn new operational processes and critically think about fraud risks in the business
- Proven understanding of analytical and data visualization tools such as SQL, Tableau, Google Data Studio, etc.
- Ability to use investigation insights to identify company processes that present fraud risks
- Excellent verbal and written communication with executive leaders and collaborators
- Ability to listen but also to persuasively convey opinions and recommendations
- Experience of working in multinational companies and flexible to work with teams in global time zones
- CPA, CFE, or other relevant professional certifications
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada