Senior Data Analyst
About the Role
After creating queries (SQL) and self-operating dashboards (GSheets, Data Studio, Python), you will proceed to significant data analyses in order to provide insightful recommendations to Stakeholders, valuable inputs for strategic decisions.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will ensure i) your code follows the best practices in terms of quality, reusability, optimization, ii) your analyses are contextualized, data-driven, pertinent and impactful, iii) your dashboards are properly maintained and adapted to evolving requirements.
You will break down business requirements into technical tasks to deliver your work iteratively and incrementally, aligning your prioritizations with the Analytics & Automation Operations Coordinator.
About the Team
The mission of the Team, as a whole, consists in helping Uber to scale and best-serve its customers by continuously optimizing the operations.
The Team performs work around two main pillars, i) Analytics & Automation - data analysis, query & dashboard creation, process automation, ii) Process - design, execution & optimization of business processes.
Located in Krakow, the Team is centralizing work for Uber Rides & Uber Eats, covering two mega-regions, i) United States & Canada, ii) Europe, Middle-East, Africa.
This experience gained as a Senior Data Analyst may also, going forward, open doors to plenty of new opportunities across the world, via the Uber Mobility Program.
We're offering a hybrid model of working (50% based out of our Krakow office, 50% work from home).
What you will do
- Analyze data, identify trends and build meaningful recommendations
- Write simple nested statements and queries for complex problems
- Code with best practices (optimized & reusable code, versioning, etc.)
- Create flows (ex.: Lucidchart), interpret technical documentation
- Analyze business requirements or suggest improvements, proactively
- Present your results in a concise manner to international Stakeholders
- Design, lead & execute large scale projects, independently
- Distinguish areas of inefficiencies, conduct root cause analyses, then build data-driven strategies for optimizing queries, dashboards or even business processes
What you will need
- Good knowledge in SQL, Google Sheets, Data Studio
- Knowledge in Python and Pandas Library
- Analytical and data-driven approach for solving problems
- Motivation to learn all along the way and improve continuously
- Experience as Data Analyst or equivalent
- Excellent written and spoken Communication (in English)
- Ability to work on your own initiative independently (proactive) or in Group (great teammate)
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada