Regional Facilities Service Delivery Manager, North Asia
About the Role
Uber's Facility Service Delivery Manager is responsible for clearly defining the desired customer experience and expected quality levels to be delivered in each Uber location in their region. The outsourced FM service provider will consequently be responsible for the success of the delivery. You will report to the Regional Facilities Manager. This position is highly visible and requires interfacing with all levels of the Uber organization on every aspect of FM delivery in your region. You will need to understand the company's business goals, growth plans and future direction and help translate those into Facilities strategic objectives. As main point of contact for the FM service provider, you will enable their evolution to a true strategic delivery partner, who understands Uber's culture and lines of business and can deliver accordingly.
What the Candidate Will Do
- Focus on Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements to clearly define the desired outcomes (goals/objectives) for the service provider.
- Manage the Internal relationship with Uber stakeholders.
- Focus on the implementation of the strategic goals and objectives for Facilities Management.
- Educate the FM service provider on Uber business needs.
- Ensure the FM service provider delivers the desired outcomes established in their contract and scope.
- Closely collaborate with the FM service provider to identify new requirements and services that could be included to the contracted scope.
- Own Operating Expenses (OPEX) budget and spend management for their respective portfolio.
- Ensure corrective actions are taken to maintain OPEX within the approved budget .
- Manage non-capitalized projects demonstrating Project Management and stakeholder management abilities.
- Partner with FM service provider to achieve savings and cost efficiency.
- Act as a key element of the FM governance structure to ensure continuous improvement for facilities management in the region.
- Focus on end customers/user satisfaction.
- Build strong relationships with internal partners such as Technology (IT), Audio Visual (AV), Security, EHS and support areas (Legal, HR).
- Serve as an escalation point for the FM service provider and stakeholders regarding facilities related activities.
- Maintain the Change Control Process from Uber's side.
- Minimum 10 years experience in managing outsourced service providers
- A passion and vision for creating an exceptional client experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English, Japanese)
- Excellent organization and Customer Service skills
- A drive to excel and a strong sense of responsibility
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Strong analytical and financial skills required to synthesize complex and diverse data, with strong risk management and impact analysis skills
- Computer savvy, highly proficient in creating presentations, schedules, budgets and financial models
- Confident in presenting ideas to large and small audiences and reaching out to all levels of the company
- Flexible, positive and focused on the employee experience
- Ability to travel frequently
- Experienced in managing strategic service delivery partnerships
- Experienced with working for a real estate service provider
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities and high customer demand
- Possesses a high level of service orientation
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) and/or International WELL Building Institute certified
- Subject Matter Expert in facility related matters
- Hold Health Officer License as per Japan regulation
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada