Manager, Internal Audit
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Internal Audit team leverage the power of analytics to change the way Uber manages risk.
About the Role
Internal auditing is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add new value and improve an organization's operations. It helps an organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
The IA Manager owns the partner relationship with a cross section of senior leaders over the Legal function globally and a Line of Business or region, and maintains effective leadership presence, expertise and contribution over those areas. The IA Manager performs advanced-level and/or managerial professional internal auditing projects as well as designs data-driven audit programs and processes to assess the reliability and efficiency of Uber's operations.
What You'll Do
- Manages IA operations in a subset of the global org, carries out a selection of IA projects locally or globally, and contributes to IA projects of other IA senior leaders
- Assists the IA Senior Leadership Team with the management, planning, organizing, directing, and monitoring of IA operations, with a focus on effective resource and project management, and the coaching and development of IA team members
- Identifies improvement opportunities and participates in the continuous enhancement of Internal Audit processes
- Ensures operational excellence and the delivery of projects on time, on budget and at optimal quality; this includes establishing effective project plans, reviewing execution, ensuring the use of optimal methodologies, tools and techniques, and assisting professionals in removing roadblocks
- Drafts Internal Audit reports, presents observations, and validates remediation actions and deadlines from management
- Establishes and maintains productive team-oriented partner and staff relationships
- Provides people leadership to Managers or Individual Contributors on the Internal Audit team
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers
- Represents Internal Audit on project teams, at management meetings, local board meetings, and with external organizations
- Performs related work as assigned by the CAE or Director of Internal Audit
- 5+ years in internal audit, compliance, or risk management roles in related technical domains, including 2+ years with managerial responsibilities
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field
- CIA/CISA/CISSP certification
- Knowledge or experience of technical program management and deployment, including going through the full software cycle of requirements, design, coding/testing, rollout/deploy standard methodologies in delivering world class software and services
- Understanding of Uber's products and operations
- Experience in multiple regulatory jurisdictions highly desired
- Strong SQL proficiency with experience in the programming languages such as Go, Java, Python or similar programming languages.
- Experience with product development & engineering in a service oriented architecture environment covering domains such as privacy, legal, compliance, etc.
- Experience with building and maintaining programs based on well-known standards (such as ISO27001, ITIL v4 etc)
- Exceptional executive presence, influencing skills and the ability to discuss complex issues across all levels of the organization
- Strong supervisory and time management skills, including experience in managing a staff of diverse professionals
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada