Product Manager, Tax & Compliance
Who We Are Looking For
The Tax & Compliance Product team at Uber in Sofia is looking for a dedicated Product Manager to provide operational support, partner alignment, lead the product roadmap and engineering coordination to help us expand the capabilities of our Tax and Compliance platform and FinTech services. We are looking for someone who is passionate about client services and building quality products and experiences.
Who We Are
The Sofia Product and Engineering Team is responsible for the Tax and Compliance charter at Uber for all markets and lines of business on the platform as part of the FinTech organization in the Money Group. We are organized into 6 different product teams, working closely with each other, and supporting multiple client groups within the organization who need our services in order to fulfill both internal company demands, as well as external user-facing needs.
What We Do
We are responsible for building the infrastructure and applications for issuing receipts that people get at the end of each Uber service, and we generate financial and tax documents such as invoices and other reporting.
We are also responsible for tax calculations related to trips and deliveries performed on the platform, we issue the relevant tax invoices for partners who earn on the platform and monitor government regulations to help partners remain aligned with local laws.
We use Slack and gChat for messaging, Jira for support tickets and releases, Zoom for video conferencing, Google Docs for collaboration and Figma for designs and prototypes.
What You'll Do
As a Product Manager you'll have a range of responsibilities, including:
- Elicit business requirements to help with the development of products and features.
- Conduct partner interviews and demos to gather insights and inform designs.
- Develop use cases to detail the needs of Tax, Ops, Legal and Compliance.
- Champion new features and changes to the platform and provide the engineering team with support throughout the development lifecycle.
- Join engineering scrums to gather outstanding issues to unblock development.
- File and coordinate tickets for our engineering, design and operations teams.
- Provide quality assurance support when launching new products and systems, proofread messaging, monitor quality and performance of different campaigns.
Marketing and Readiness
- Contribute to content development projects to build partner messaging and marketing collateral for our product marketing and compliance campaigns.
- Engage with partners globally to elicit requirements, driven by upcoming changes to our business.
- Hold training sessions to help internal customers build their understanding of our systems and processes.
Who You'll Work With
You'll work directly with engineering and design teams to build and ship new products. You'll also interact with a number of client groups throughout the Money and Fintech organizations, including Tax, Compliance, Payments, Legal, Operations, CRM and the various partners across the different lines of business.
What You Will Learn
You'll learn how to define, design and document requirements for new products and systems to help engineering teams initiate new products to markets around the world. You'll also gain first hand knowledge of the entire product development lifecycle and learn to recognize opportunities for improving customer experience.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of professional experience in product management, operations, client services, software development or related fields
- Ability and willingness to speak to customers and internal teams
- Negotiations skills
- Project and people management skills
- Understanding of software development process and dependencies (e.g. project phases, QA, bug fixes, etc.)
- Ability to travel internationally
- Fluency in English and Bulgarian
- Bonus points for speaking Spanish, Portuguese or French
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada