Business Development Manager, Uber Freight
About the Role
Uber Freight connects shippers with truckers, much like how Uber connects riders and drivers. We are a team of sharp, ambitious, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the movement of things around the world. On the Uber Freight team, we fiercely believe that our dedication to transportation technologies will bring more harmonious, highly efficient, and increasingly safer transportation logistics to our roads.
The Business Development team plays a key role in driving strategic partnerships to support Uber Freight growth and Supply Chain digitization through scaling innovative solutions with partners.
Uber Freight is seeking a Business Development Manager to join our BD team to focus on forging alliances across the freight transportation and logistics value chain.
The key areas you will cover include tech & platform integrations, tracking & visibility, partner sales programs and co-branding partnerships to service both our shippers and carriers.
From startups to key industry players, you will have a tremendous impact in growing the Uber Freight footprint through successful partnerships and designing the structured pricing models to ensure sustainable revenue.
You will be able to advocate internally to weigh partners' needs and assess potential risks, while providing key recommendations to preserve Uber Freight interests and secure future value for the business.
We are looking for a seasoned BD Manager who will bring a dynamic combination of analytical skills and emotional awareness, maturity, an ability to think strategically and implement tactically, and interpersonal skills to enhance value in partnership negotiations and contracting.
Supported by cross-functional collaborators, you will shape the deal strategy and drive internal alignment to execute and be successful in your role.
What You'll Do
- Lead partnership strategy and deal execution for carriers and shippers initiatives
- Develop long term, mutually beneficial relationships with senior executives of current and prospective partners.
- Be a strategic thought partner to team members, working closely with cross-functional leaders (incl. Product, Data Science, Sales, Integrations, Legal, Ops, Marketing and Finance) to influence and develop product and partner strategy, align on business needs, and identify how to drive impact through partnerships.
- Lead and own the deal process end-to-end (including impact modeling, deal structuring, and overall negotiation process) with cross-functional inputs and aligned to business/product priorities.
- Guide stakeholders as a thought leader on relevant partnership opportunities and provide key insights on market trends and recommendations on strategic partnerships
- Refine strategy deal frameworks through negotiation based on Uber Freight goals, partner goals, and industry and partner situations.
- Manage partner relationship and own responsibility post-contract for success of the partnership, including proactively resolving business and technical issues and serving as an internal advocate
- Track, analyze, and communicate key performance metrics, feedback, and learnings to internal stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree
- 6+ years of relevant experience in business development, with exposure to Tech, startup or B2B industry
- 8+ years of experience in business/corporate development, PE/VC, tech organizations or Entrepreneurial experience
- Exposure to large tech, startups or freight logistic companies
- Ability to build strong cross functional relationships.
- Experience building new business units or companies, working on projects with high degrees of ambiguity.
- Deep understanding of product integrations, channel resellers programs and strong analytical skills with ability to combine business, strategy, finance and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals
- Experience in working cross functionally with many other roles and collaborators in the company
- Creativity, strategic thinking, and ability to use data and market insights to structure high impact deals
- Exceptional communication skills
- Enjoys working in a fast paced environment and is comfortable with both building strategy and driving execution
- Extremely proactive, self-starter with strong project management and execution skills
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada